Coilpacks

Did I miss the product announcement thread?
HitePerformance will need to start shipping catalogs pretty soon!
Excellent work!
This almost inspires me to get the fan controller mapped onto a PCB, get a few printed in China, assemble and sell 'em. Almost.

I never 'officially' announced that I was making these. It was just added into a few threads here and there. Theres not alot of people who are running the Accel COP's so I figured anyone who was using them would probly see me selling them in the other threads. I will have to make a Hite Performance catalog thread with products and services and maybe some links to write ups.

You should make a few of those fan controllers. I would buy one.

wait dont the accell coils wires reversed?

Yes. Heres a link
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=73132&highlight=coils

wait dont the accell coils wires reversed?

Yes, and if the link Hite posted above is the one I'm thinking of, it explains perfectly what's required.

It indicates using a small screwdriver or such to release the terminals, which is fine, but if you want something designed specifically for that purpose you could spring for this -

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/products/?product=585&division=1&category=14

I have one, not the above though, a "semi-universal" job, and it's a great tool to have if doing a decent amount of work on terminals. When extracting the terminal from the connector, make sure you're pushing the terminal in while using whatever to release the clip. If it's sitting flush, or your pulling the terminal wire in the direction of how it comes out, the retaining clip could catch and/or dig in to the plastic making the whole process harder than it needs to be.

Also, when you pull the terminal out, look at the retaining clip. Depending on what it's made of, it could be bent/flattened down to the point it wont hold itself when put back in. A gentle "tug" with a pick brings it back to shape.

Members online

No members online now.
Back