coil spring broke

2001continental

LVC Member
Reaction score
help, front driver side coil spring broke and on it's way out took out the sway bar link... any good suggestions on where to buy a new set of springs? never changed them out before, am i in for a headache?:confused: :confused: :confused:

WOW, i'd ask max about the parts. Strut change out won't be so bad. For a spring change out I would pull the strut off yourself then take it to a shop and have them switch out springs for you. Let us know how this turns out.

so far no luck on finding the parts(Dealer Item):eek: I need the car immediately so I guess i'll take it the shop, pending price. It don't look too bad, i'll probably just get the parts and do it myself. New year blues:( :( :(

well, i just got off the phone with the dealer, r u ready.....$301.08 +tax a piece, off course those are the cheaper ones, and the only place that has them is Detroit, only 2 in stock. may be by Friday or Monday can they get them.

would the American Air Suspension COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT FOR A '97-PRESENT CONTINENTAL take care of my troubles? At $249 i could save $50 and do the whole car right? any suggestions would be GREAT:D

would a 01' taurus spring/strut assembly work on my baby? they are plenty available and the cost isn't as bad. any suggestions would be great.

Hello,

same thing happened to me recently and I have a hard time finding a replacement spring. How did you solve your problem?

Bjorn

If you know how to change your brakes, or wheel bearings, then changing the springs shouldn't be an issue.

The most important tool you need is a spring compressor which compresses the spring to make things much easier.

Good luck finding the springs, unfortunately most are sold in pairs..

Members online

No members online now.
Back