coil packs

design problem or manufacturing problem... I dont really care which it is, the bigger picture is that there is a problem, and a pretty big one at that.

gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a sh!t...

It is reasonable and customary for an LS owner to replace all coils, spark plugs, and plastic cooling system parts once.

Even the Plastic one last 100k or more. Mine went 165k before in went out. I'd retrade that back for the coil coverage any day.

Lucky you. Mine needed redoing at the 105K mark. A hose leak on the top radiator hose in the hard plastic section was the tipoff, and when I pulled it apart I found the thermostat housing was cracked internally. It was still together well enough to work, but came apart when I opened it. One of the plastic tabs that holds the thermostat together had broken.

On the other hand, I've never had to replace the thermostat housing on any V8 with a metal housing, except for the time I tried a chrome housing and couldn't stop a seeping leak. I've never used chrome under the hood since.

2006 LS V8:

I think my first COP failure happened at 95,000 miles +/-. Wife took it to dealer and he wanted $400 to replace one (1). And, I believe the recall was only related to an oil leak on the 2005 models. My 2006 was not covered.

However, after replacing only one (myself), which was relatively easy once you figured out a method for the rear fasteners, another went bad. I then replaced them all.

My recommendation, just replace them all while you have the covers off. Including the plugs.

...And, I believe the recall was only related to an oil leak on the 2005 models. My 2006 was not covered...

2003-2005 had/have coverage for COP failure. Oil leaks were only covered on the 2003.

Members online

No members online now.
Back