Coil Pack Info Needed! V6

hockey930

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, yes there is a million threads here about the coil pack issues on the LS's however there is not a ton of info on the v6. I have a 2000 ls v6 5sp with about 102 on the clock.
Somewhere I found instruction with pictures about how to do this job but I can't seem to find them anymore. Does anyone have a link to them, I swear they were hosted on lvc.
I have been told by some that the v6 has the valve cover gasket problem and some that it doesn't.
I would like to know everything I need to order to do this job, I know I need
coils (already ordered from ebay and have)
upper intake manifold gasket
spark plugs (auto zoned the auto lites)
valve cover gaskets?
spark plug buckets? (I don't even know what that is)

Any info I can get will help, so please chime in!
Eamonn

dont forget about pcv hose..its pretty much a guarantee it will go bad and you dont want to do all that work twice

click on tech articles at top of page. then find v6 coil change. I also believe there are how to's on how to do the intake and the spark plugs also.

The LS doesn't use coil packs! It uses COPs (Coil-On-Plug). Coil packs are packs of two or three coils that fire four or six cylinders, and attach to sparkplug wires.

Just did the works on my LS V6 about 2 weeks ago
:q:q:q:qing whore of a job, took me about 6 hours, WATCH WHEN TAKING OFF THE COOLANT HOSES IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE, THE ONE HOSE IS HARD PLASTIC AND VERY BRITTLE, but, once you get the plenum off it is pretty much cut and dry

I did it about two weeks ago myself; not too complicated, just time consuming. I didn't have to drain the coolant. If you still need the pics, PM me, I may have a set somewhere...

Members online

Back