Coil on plugs and plugs

LS2006

LVC Member
Reaction score
Lincoln LS 2006 changed plugs at 113000 km.
Still had codes come up and then changed Coils as recommened on LVC forums and all is very very good now,just wanted to say,thanks.

I hope you didn't run the new plugs with the old coils for too long (some may say that any time is too long...) as bad coils will kill good plugs and bad plugs will kiss good coils...

long story short, if one of your bad coils damaged one of your new plugs, then that plug may be damaging your new coil.

Still had codes come up and then changed Coils as recommened on LVC forums and all is very very good now,just wanted to say,thanks.

The coils I used were BWD E418, Made in the USA...PN,018-1055-4,upc 25623 79919 3

LS2006, I'm 20 mins out in the woods, west of you! (that is if you are Ottawa, ON)

Coils on Plugs.

Has anyone else thought that maybe the heat contained over the Coils by the plastic cover deteriorate the coils faster than they should?
Lincoln LS 2006

Has anyone else thought that maybe the heat contained over the Coils by the plastic cover deteriorate the coils faster than they should?
Lincoln LS 2006

Several have this theory. AFAIK, no one has been able to prove or disprove it. Some here are running without the covers, but no one has gone long/far enough to be able to say that it has reduced the failure rate yet.

Thanks joegr,
I am glad to hear that.I think that would probably be a factor,because my old 06 Ford Five Hundred only had one bad coil in all its 245000 Km.The coils are out in the open and are allowed to cool quickly or at least run at a lower temperature.

Members online

Back