Coil-Endurance-Test...that-turned-into-VCG's

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
First....sorry-for-the-dashes,,,but-space-bar,(and-other-keys),-not-working-on-computer.

Soooo,as-some-of-you-on-this-forum-know...I've-been-bragging-up-a-certain-brand-of-USA-made-aftermarket-coils,(and-spark-plugs),,,that-I-have-had-on-my-V8-LS...for-the-last-100k-miles.---(keep-in-mind-I-have-been-running-without-the-coil-covers-and-engine-cover-this-whole-time).

Being-that-my-LS-has-a-little-over-180K-on-the-odometer...I-decided-to-change-the-plugs...and-coil-boots/electrodes-only,,,and-see-how-long-the-coils-will-last.

When-I-pulled-the-Bosch-Iridiums,(9603),the-electrodes-all-looked-good...and-were-all-still-within-specs.---However....when-I-went-to-pull-the-coils...Plug-wells-#3-and-#7,,,,were-filled-with-oil.

Obviously,,,it-was-time-for-valve-cover-gaskets...and-I-had-bought-a-set...a-couple-years-previous.--Fel-Pro-VS50724R.

This-ended-up-being-a-weekend-project.--Partly-because-I-took-my-time-to-document-things-with-pics,,,but-also-because-didn't-have-the-Ford-"quick-set/dry"-silicone-sealer-(4-minute-set-time),(that-is-used-where-the-timing-chain-cover-meets-the-head).---So-I-used-Permatex-Copper-silicone,-(which-requires-a-24-hour-dry-time).

The-replacement-coil-boots/electrodes,(springs)...were-Denso-part#671-8166.

Ended-up-doing-the-VCT-seals-also.

Lot's-of-pics...to-follow.

Just copy and paste a space until you get your keyboard fixed lol. Ctrl v to paste! You can copy them from this post lol

Here are a bunch of free spaces lol

Thanks-for-the-spaces.:)--Yeah...the-dash-works-pretty-good,,,and-I-can-type-almost-as-fast-as-the-space-bar.--Dash-is-something-that-even-Google-recognizes.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back