Codes P0430 & P0304. Any help resolving these would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, took the day off to tackle this issue. Had my rhino ramps set so I could check the starter from underneath and I unlocked the car and there was no door chimes or interior light....nothing. Turned key on and nothing. Tested battery posts with multi meter and it read something like 1.45 1.43. I'm taking it back in to O'Reileys.

I Hope this will fix the issue ...quick, easy and inexpensive ...
Installed and still no start. Doing the exact same thing. Should I disconnect the battery? I'm fearing my engine may be toast from driving in deep water. I hope not..

Last edited:
...I'm fearing my engine may be toast from driving in deep water. I hope not..

While that is possible, it certainly doesn't seem that way. Your starter is not even trying to engage, so you can't say anything at all about the engine. (That said, you indicated that it did start and run normally a couple of times after the water event. That says that you did not hydrolock the engine.)

Do the voltage tests at the starter...

While that is possible, it certainly doesn't seem that way. Your starter is not even trying to engage, so you can't say anything at all about the engine. (That said, you indicated that it did start and run normally a couple of times after the water event. That says that you did not hydrolock the engine.)

Do the voltage tests at the starter...
Do I have to remove the passenger tire and shield to test the starter?

Tested the battery posts with multi meter and the reading on the new battery is 12.16. Is this normal for a brand new battery?

It's not fully charged (assuming this is room temperature), but probably okay.
Good enough to do the starter voltage tests...

It's not fully charged (assuming this is room temperature), but probably okay.
Good enough to do the starter voltage tests...

IMG_6932.JPG

Should the battery be discharged overnight?

Do you know that it was fully charged before. Most new batteries are not.

I think we are a little off topic here. Results of the starter voltage testing may reveal a problem that could also relate to a parasitic battery drain and your flood event. However its all speculation at this point.

Do you know that it was fully charged before. Most new batteries are not.

I think we are a little off topic here. Results of the starter voltage testing may reveal a problem that could also relate to a parasitic battery drain and your flood event. However its all speculation at this point.
Not sure if it was fully charged. I just assumed new batteries were, so that's why I reported my multi meter readings to you.

I'll try my best to get the starter voltage.

Not sure if it was fully charged. I just assumed new batteries were, so that's why I reported my multi meter readings to you.

I'll try my best to get the starter voltage.
I checked all fuses under hood and in trunk and they all looked good. I also switched the starter relay #15 with a couple of other relays and no difference. I also checked battery voltage and it's now at 12.30

I'll be checking starter voltage as soon as I can get some help.

I checked all fuses under hood and in trunk and they all looked good. I also switched the starter relay #15 with a couple of other relays and no difference. I also checked battery voltage and it's now at 12.30

I'll be checking starter voltage as soon as I can get some help.
Can I get some input as to where the best spot is to jack up the car and place the jack stands? Thanks.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Do I need a low profile jack? The jack I have barely fits under, but it hits a bunch of stuff when I'm trying to get it to the correct spot...
I would buy a low profile jack if I were you...harbor& freight have them pretty cheap

neither of the jack I have are low profile, both fit under me car with no problems.

if the jack you have (is it an off road jack? lol) is too tall to fit under the car, then you can always use the jack that came with the car

neither of the jack I have are low profile, both fit under me car with no problems.

if the jack you have (is it an off road jack? lol) is too tall to fit under the car, then you can always use the jack that came with the car
I think it's a regular jack, but it barely fits under the front of the car and I couldn't get it to the correct spot. Do you put the jack under the front of the car or behind the front tires?

Members online

No members online now.
Back