Code P1120

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Comes up as Throttle Position Sensor out of range, I have change the tps twice, the second one seems to be ok except when lets say i leave a stop sign, the engine rpm seem to be high till i stop and wait a second and they drop to around 700rpm's. Do these have to be loaded up or do you just put it in place and screw them in. I have look here and google anybody have any ideas. Thanks It seems to be this part for when in driveway and rpms are stuck at 2000 rpms and i unplug the wire to this the car seems to be ok can someone tell me the name of this part. thanks

DSC00067.jpg

Turns out the Throttle Position was bad and so were the two i got! Did a test on them with volt meter and there was very low volt going back to the pcm. And to top it off the person or persons that owned it before me had the wrong one there . So it will be in tomrrow and will see how it runs after that.

That part is your IAC valve. Idle Air Control valve, to be exact. Don't know if the plastic tube comes with a new one.

Yeah the picture was i just wanted to see what it was and figure it out after. lol

Members online

Back