Code p0430?

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
what exactly dose this mean? the guy reset my computer cel light is off hasnt come back up after i've drove about 80 miles.

also i see water leaking from the passenger muffler but not out the pipe right at the beginning of the circle / container for the exhaust i dont know what to call it.but its right before the end of the exhaust

now i was originaly thinking about installing a magnaflow kit but which one do i go for and where can i buy it from online/?

P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2
This pretty much means what it says. It could be that the bank 2 O2 sensor or the bank 2 O2 monitor are failing, but most likely it does mean that the catalytic converter is failing. Right now it may just be an emissions problem, but it can often grow into an operational problem, if the cat clogs. Why is your cat failing? Most likely you have some marginal COPs (coils) and that is letting some raw gasoline make it down to the cats.

Don't spend you money on something you don't need until you have covered all the things that you do need.

I had this exact code when my cats were clogged. What year/engine is your LS? If you have a Gen 2 v8 I can link you to the exact magnaflow cat kit I bought that others have as well.

I had this exact code whten my cats were clogged. What year/engine is your LS? If you have a Gen 2 v8 I can link you to the exact magnaflow cat kit I bought that others have as well.

Thanks for the reply I have the 2002 lincoln ls v6 3.0

So my cats may not be clogged? U just replaced that sensor after I did the sensor I got that code. But it went away after resetting it and hasn't come back

I had this exact code when my cats were clogged. What year/engine is your LS? If you have a Gen 2 v8 I can link you to the exact magnaflow cat kit I bought that others have as well.
I have a 2004 v6 Ls could you link your magnaflow kit (if it fits with my Ls). Thanks.

I have a 2004 v6 Ls could you link your magnaflow kit (if it fits with my Ls). Thanks.

The Magnaflow cat-back fits both V6 & V8. My old 2000 was the test bed for the V6 system......

I don't know if it will work with the v6 those are just the cats though - not the cat-back that LS4me mentioned.

If you really want the whole exhaust you should order it in pieces to save the most money possible. There's a few good threads about this.. search em out. Bassani mufflers (just my .02), Magnaflow X pipe, Magnaflow cats (optional for most, sounds like you need them tho), Magnaflow 4" tips.

All of the info I'm providing you is by example and I have a v8 so I'm not sure if it will work or even sound good on a v6. Maybe someone else with a v6 will chime in.

...p,s a guy resetted the computer for me and the cel has not come back on from 100 miles ago what could this mean?

It depends on driving conditions and how bad the cats are as to how long it will take for the light to come back on. Clearing the light really didn't do anything positive. If the cats have somehow cured themselves, the light would go off on it's own.

^ this

before I made o2 sims for my empty cats, I could drive it for up to a week at a time before the CEL would come back on (keep in mind this is with absolutely no real cats being there, a mostly working cat could go much longer...)

more than likely, your cats are right at the threshold of what would be considered a good cat and a bad cat. your problem is definitely not fixed if only the computer was reset. sooner or later, they will get bad enough to make sure the light comes and stays on. if the engine is running great (no misfires) they may last a good while longer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back