Code help! C1233, C1234 '01 V8

Randy Bobandy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen these codes before. On occasion I have seen the abs, traction control, and parking brakes come on. This has only happened a few times, but I'm willing to bet it's related. If anyone can help me please let me know. Thank you.

C1233 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing

C1234 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing

Did you recently have front brake work done some where? Hubs replaced?
What has been done to this LS just prior to these wheel sensor codes,
checked the wiring/connectors at the front wheels?

Really cold where you are right now and drove through puddles few days ago when it was mild and raining?

I did the front brakes about a month ago, but this problem just arose. I actually have been checking the codes a lot over the past two weeks because of another problem and this is the first time I've seen these. The cold though... It's the coldest day of the year up here in NH. Single digits.

This is where di-electric grease come in.

For what it's worth, it was really mild with rain few days back, you 'could' attempt to get into your garage, turn the wheels in/out and have a look at the connectors, maybe use a heat gun or blow dryer, clean them off a bit, reseat the connectors. it may be possible, they weren't seated fully and got wet.

You know what a wheel speed sensor is right? Your front brakes have an electrical connection going to them. Little black thing sits and reads the cutout on the hubs, ABS work off of that. Joe will fill in the technical stuff.

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69007.htm~gen~ref.htm

I'd be double checking my front wheel speed sensor wiring/connector if it was my problem.
maybe fuses after that. (read my manual first obviously)

~ if not perhaps try a "drive cycle relearn procedure" << I'm joking (large)

So what I should do is turn one wheel out at a time to access the sensors, disconnect them, clean them, use di-electric grease on them, and put them back on? Sounds simple enough. Maybe if I'm lucky this could be a quick fix. Would this problem also explain the traction control light and parking brake light coming on?

...Would this problem also explain the traction control light and parking brake light coming on?

Yes, and probably not (if it were the rear wheel speed sensors, I would say yes.)
You may have the wiring at the front right of the car starting to corrode out...

BTW, you would get better help from all involved if you listed all of your issues, when they started, what you did before and after, all in one thread.

Could go as far as the module on it's way out.

what is the module? Could this problem be solved by getting a new battery? I've heard that when the battery starts going weird things can start happening. When I check and reconnect the sensors should I just replace them while I'm in there? Are they expensive?

Thanks for post this,
This morning my wife starts the car, see the ABS, Parking/brake, lights on and the traction control lights, it has been very cold, I'm not showing codes, I'll take it to O'reily's and have them hook it up. Only had the thing 2 weeks now, haven't done anything to the brakes, they look %50 or so, brake fluid level is good. I'm blaming it on the cold, I don't like to work in it either.

Thanks for post this,
This morning my wife starts the car, see the ABS, Parking/brake, lights on and the traction control lights, it has been very cold, I'm not showing codes, I'll take it to O'reily's and have them hook it up. Only had the thing 2 weeks now, haven't done anything to the brakes, they look %50 or so, brake fluid level is good. I'm blaming it on the cold, I don't like to work in it either.

Cold weather will make a weak alternator and/or battery manifest themselves earlier than they otherwise would have. Lights without codes would suggest these as problems.

... Lights without codes would suggest these as problems.

Keep in mind that there are a limited number (usually higher end) of scan tools that can pick up the ABS and other non-emissions codes.

Keep in mind that there are a limited number (usually higher end) of scan tools that can pick up the ABS and other non-emissions codes.

Yes, he needs to get a proper scan, which O'Reilly's probably won't be able to do.

The sudden appearance of so many indicators, coincidental with the cold, has me suspicious. There are two seasons for common repairs: The first cold snaps, where battery / alternator issues appear; the first heat waves, when cooling system issues appear

Members online

No members online now.
Back