Cobra Spacer Plate

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It comes in 1/2" and 1" sizes. Whats your thought on these? It keeps the heat from coming to the upper intake while making the intake feel like its bigger then it is. If this is so. Why do we not get a spacer for our stock manifolds. Since it has more troubles keeping cool. The Cobra has no EGR spacer and our stock manifold does because it seems to get hotter. If you add a spacer. Maybe it will be a better way to keep cool. Anyways, that would be a cheap way to make HP!

Sifrino3 said:
It comes in 1/2" and 1" sizes. Whats your thought on these? It keeps the heat from coming to the upper intake while making the intake feel like its bigger then it is. If this is so. Why do we not get a spacer for our stock manifolds. Since it has more troubles keeping cool. The Cobra has no EGR spacer and our stock manifold does because it seems to get hotter. If you add a spacer. Maybe it will be a better way to keep cool. Anyways, that would be a cheap way to make HP!
I don't understand Ramsey. Is the plate that you mentioned for the stock upper intake?

It goes in between the upper and lower manifolds. Its so heat doesn't travel up to the upper intake manifold. Less heat means more hp. And if the manifold thinks its bigger. It will bring more air in. More air more power, so they say. . . I believe thats how it goes!

Last edited:
It's called a phelonic spacer. It keeps the upper intake cooler by sort of "seperating" it from the lower, coolant carrying, intake.

It does not make the intake think its bigger. It does make the runners a hair longer but don't expect any gains from that. I do not have experience with them but would bet there is more performance out of a k&n which is about the same price.

I've heard mixed things, but mostly that they aren't really needed. When I did have my car running for the few minutes it lived, I noticed the Cobra intake gets hot as :q:q:q:q, much hotter than the stocker. But with the spacer, I've heard that you might encounter hood clearance issues too, dunno though.

Sifrino3 said:
Well, I got one for the stock manifold that I plan to port the :q:q:q:q out of and now I have one for the Cobra Manifold.

You will not be able to make one designed for stock manifold work on a Cobra intake.

But why? Why one for the stocker? That tight ass piece of :q:q:q:q isnt worthy! Junk it!

Bull:q:q:q:q my right nut !!! Take th Cobra and hold in next to the stocker....big :q:q:q:qing difference! And the Cobra one is just getting into it!

Thats how I feel when reading this thread...

Gee, is this :V first tiff??? :N Sorry sifrino the only way you are going to get the status quo to agree with you is to do your own dyno test and prove them wrong....good luck, you're going to need it!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back