cobra pics

jbird97

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
bought some cobras off of smokymance a little while ago and told him id take pics and post, ive got a buddy with one of those fancy slr digital cameras and he said he wanted to use his camera more so we decided to see what we could do, problem is there are only two days of the week that we both aren't doing anything during the day, so a night shoot happened with less than desirable lighting and then today we did a little day shooting, couldnt find a good spot to take the day pics, and my buddy said the pictures still dont have enough light, so he wants to try again, but in the meantime heres just a few of the good ones of what we got

64244f43.jpg

a4beb58d.jpg

115b2a47.jpg

c706105d.jpg

64381b6b.jpg

wow that looks sexy...

glad u like them buddy....

surely look good on black

DSC03429.jpg

and red

Jun10_0008-1.gif

Looks great! Was that 1st pic taken behind a prision??? look at the roof.

Very nice ride! Wheels are Sexxxy! Those moving shots are sweet! Do you know what shutter speed was used, and the ISO? Also, was there a flash?

Very cool, love the plate as well. Are those 17's or 18's?

kewl shots... I really like the motion blur on the rims... but you guys can use a tripod or something steady and use the timer function when there's not enough light... it'll give the illusion that there is... just meter for the car... if not you can photoshop it... if you don't know how... I can maybe do it for yah... but yeah those rims are pretty sweet on there!

thanks everyone

i love how they look on the black, and once i lower that back its gonna look even better, just been too busy to do it

the first pic was actually taken behind a church haha, they had a little alley and it looked sweet, no clue y there is barbed wire there

i really dont have a clue how the camera was set up, ill ask my buddy and let u know when i find out

the night shot a tripod was used, with i believe he tried shots from 30s-1.5mins timers, even used a piece of paper to set the white balance, the rest of the shots he didnt use a tripod, and i believe he used photoshop in all the pictures to touch them up slightly

ok just talked to my buddy, he said he used lightroom to edit the pics, and it was the first time he has used the program

as far as shutter speed and iso
1st pic: 15 second shutter, F4.50
2nd pic: 1/20 second shutter, F4.5
3rd: 1/45 shutter, F5.6
4th: 1/30 second, F5.6
5th: 1/15 second, F5.6
" ISO looks to be at 200, which is wayy too low"
"the night one still had the polarizer filter on, which screwed it all up"
he also said he realizes that the settings are all messed up and hes gettin used to changing settings, and they'll be better next time

i hope that helps, i have no clue what those represent, as i really dont know jack about taking pictures, im finding out more and more that its really a very detailed and complicated thing, everything has to come together right, got a lot more respect for photography now, i wonder how much stuff there is on my digital that i have no clue about lol

Went out today and took some more pics. My buddy saw another spot as we were leaving so we're gonna try that on Sunday. Thanks again Leart for the rims, and Geno for letting me do the hoodliner, it looks great, and if you want I can get more pictures of it.

2035339501_97a9985eef_b.png

2036140398_bd5c751324_b.png

2036160748_0c94aaaa04_b.png

2036172372_a403c45822_b.png

Thats a very nice looking car.

I love the quality of the pictures too!

It all looks nice keep up the good work.

hey what camera does ur buddy have?

i got a SLR recently....

but im no where near the skills of ur friend

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

He's shooting a Pentax K-110... it's pretty close to your D40x... nice entry level slr's... the only problem with the D40x is the high noise level... if you shoot during an overcast day you should get some really nice shots!

Thanks MatthewDavid, yea Leart he goes to LTU for design and imaging and some other stuff like that, he's in a photography class right now. I do know that for night shots you can use longer shutterspeeds to get more light into the picture, and I think its maybe smaller f-stops will do the same? Also if you adjust the ISO setting it allows for better nightshots but when you turn up the iso setting it produces more noise or graininess in the picture. I found out I can adjust all that stuff with my digital but its still no slr. I forgot if I'm remembering that all right, just keep practicing I guess. Car looks good cept for the stupid michigan salt.

LTU? i got to LTU....guess what parking lot is that on the pics? LTU...

lol....thats funny...im going to have to meet up with him so he can show me some tricks

Haha, I'm not really familiar with campus so I didn't even notice, his name is rob, drives an 06 focus zx3.

Haha, sal they're sexy.

They are the 17's, honestly I dont know the width. I'm on 255/40 tires.

i might have seen him around...lots of people drive focuses there so its hard to spot him...

Yea Lawrence Tech.

I showed him the thread, he said he's seen a black lsc and maybe a white gen 1, said hes suprised he's never seen your car before lol.

His car is a Dark Red 3 door, with euro svt wheels in the summer, and a body matching grill surround. I think he might have xceed stickers as well, not sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back