Cobra Intake swap.....oh yeah, another one

ladenblowfish

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to pick up a 97 cobra intake from a buddy of mine. I'm gonna swap it onto my 93. I'm just trying to get a complete list of parts I'm gonna need to have to buy so everything will hook up fine. First, will the cobra intake fit under a gen1 hood or will I have to modify the under part of the hood? Second, Will I use the IMRC thats on my mark or will I use the IMRC's off the cobra? Third, can I reuse anything that is on my mark like egr, iac, etc. What do I need to buy other than what I have, Cobra intake w/ throttle body? Thanks guys. ;) I assume a tune is needed after the swap correct?

Alright, I did mine on a Gen II but heres some basics.

Get cobra fuel rails, the gen II mark ones have fitment problems where the EGR insert is on the intake.

You need a cobra intake tube, or an aftermarket equivilant.

IAC i reused.

You need some various vacuum lines and a long rubber hose from your IAC that will go into the intake tube.

The Cobra IMRC's will work, yours will be gummed up, so i would have the cobra ones clean and ready to go on, it will save you some time.

EGR, you cannot reuse unless you use the cobra fuel rails from what i read. I just used the mark VIII fuel rails and capped the EGR tube. Then used my tuner to turn off the light.

You will have to (at least on a gen II) Extend you TPS(throttle position sensor) wires (there is 3 of them) to allow for the changed throttle body placement.

After you do it, you will need a tune, i dyno tuned mine and was making less power then it did stock. After we gave it more fuel however, It made much more power.

Other than that, fire away with questions, i did it myself so i would be happy to help with any questions you have.

Good luck, it takes time and patience. literally took me 12 hours. But i Fab'd up everything nicely and ported my Throttle body.

Members online

No members online now.
Back