Clutch job questions.

Go to RealOEM.com. Find the selector seal for a 2000 323i build date 4/1999 with the m52. That is the correct part. You can find it on autohausaz.com

Clutch master cylinder is done. Had a leak right on the boot. Anyone know if they can be rebuilt with a new kit?

How do I decipher ford parts numbers? I know the clutch master cylinder is part #7A543 BUT i know that the full ford part #'s have this many digits : XXXX-7A543-AA. I imagine this master cylinder is used on other cars?

My clutch went right to the floor on bleeding into a dry slave cylinder also, but lifting it by hand would enable the next pump until that slave was full.

I have one being shipped overnight from a NJ area ford dealer. There were only 3 left in the country. One more in San Juan (LOL) and one in Cali. They are discontinued! From ford it was 80 bucks. the same exact part from jaguar is 280. I've seen a picture of the clutch master cylinder from jag and it's the same exact part. same part # too. However I did notice part numbers on all the different parts on the clutch master cylinder and it can be rebuilt with the right parts from FTE & :q:q:q ( i know right what a funny company name).

Clarification on pilot bearing replacement

I have a question about the pilot bearing. I just ordered the timken f212285 bearing mentioned in this thread, and what i received does not look like the bearing in my car, at least the overall assembly. The pilot bearing in my flywheel is mounted inside a 2"+ in diameter nylon cage, with the bearing sitting back from the surface of the flywheel where the nylon is mounted, kind of hanging back at least an inch or an inch and a half from the flywheel surface, toward the engine.

So if you could tell me, charcoal, what did you do with the timken f212285 in your engine? Did you discard the nylon assembly and mount the timken in the end of the crackshaft, or did you change the bearing within the nylon cage? or what?

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Mike

i just replaced the pilot bearing in my lincoln. Took off the flywheel, used a socket that was the diameter of the inside of the bearing to punch the bearing out the back (outer race and all). Then used a socket slightly larger than hole in flywheel to tap new bearing in place from behind. If someone reminds me in a bit, i can post pictures. Still in the middle of the tranny job and want to pull all pics at once.

I have a question about the pilot bearing. I just ordered the timken f212285 bearing mentioned in this thread, and what i received does not look like the bearing in my car, at least the overall assembly. The pilot bearing in my flywheel is mounted inside a 2"+ in diameter nylon cage, with the bearing sitting back from the surface of the flywheel where the nylon is mounted, kind of hanging back at least an inch or an inch and a half from the flywheel surface, toward the engine.

So if you could tell me, charcoal, what did you do with the timken f212285 in your engine? Did you discard the nylon assembly and mount the timken in the end of the crackshaft, or did you change the bearing within the nylon cage? or what?

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Mike

I used these instructions, and found that many bmw's use the same seal. You can look for a victor reinz P/N "81-24010-00". I don't remember the bmw p/n offhand, and there are a few older p/n's at this point that cross to the newest p/n, or perhaps this one will go bad, but you should be able to find a cross. The listed size is "15x21x5/7". Interesetingly an internet search also shows it as being a turbo oil seal, but it seems to do the trick.
Oddly i can't find the pelican parts receipt in my inbox to put the bmw part number, since the victor reinz one doesn't show up many places.
If i rememer, or if someone reminds me, i'll post it later when i find the paper receipt.

Go to RealOEM.com. Find the selector seal for a 2000 323i build date 4/1999 with the m52. That is the correct part. You can find it on autohausaz.com

Nothing like a resurrection. FWIW, the question was asked above about part numbers. When you have a three part Ford number the central part is a generic one. For example a 6250 is a camshaft.

KS

Here's my unopened shift selector shaft seal box. 20161219_104129.jpg20161219_104203.jpg

20161219_104129.jpg

20161219_104203.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back