CLUNK in rearend low speed turn.

RG1620

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any known issues with the rear end which would cause a single clunk when making a turn (right) at very low speed typically uphill. This would also be rather sharp. Something with limited slip diff?

We don't have limited slip, so my guess would be either you have a suspension link with some wear on it, or there's something rolling around in the trunk or spare tire area.

I just noticed that on my car too, but I put a can of tire sealant in the well, and forgot to wedge it in. I wedged it, now it's quiet...

kleetus said:
I just noticed that on my car too, but I put a can of tire sealant in the well, and forgot to wedge it in. I wedged it, now it's quiet...

That sounds like my father-in-law's problem. He brought his car to the shop after a month of hearing this bumping noise at higher speeds and feeling a vibration in the rear end. After 15 minutes and $75 the shop showed him the ten inch by 5 inch piece of tread hanging off his rear passenger tire that had been remodeling his fender well. We never accused him of being the sharpest tool in the drawer.

Don't take this wrong, it's just a funny story about how we always expect the worst when it comes to our vehicles and overlook the easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back