Clicking from under dash

FastLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new here have a 2006 ls I just picked up. It going in to have serpentine belt and I am getting a clicking from under dash when heat or ac is active. Any idea what this could be and cost at dealer.

cheers

It's the servos (actuators) that move the air control doors. They control where the air comes out (defrost, dash, floor), and where it comes from (fresh or recycle). It was normal for them to make a tiny bit of noise when the cars were new, and it's normal that they make more now. If it's a lot of noise or if the air isn't coming out correctly, then it's a problem. Some are easy to change (recycle and floor), and the others require the entire dash to be removed.
You can do a DATC self test and see if it identifies any problems.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

It's the servos (actuators) that move the air control doors. They control where the air comes out (defrost, dash, floor), and where it comes from (fresh or recycle). It was normal for them to make a tiny bit of noise when the cars were new, and it's normal that they make more now. If it's a lot of noise or if the air isn't coming out correctly, then it's a problem. Some are easy to change (recycle and floor), and the others require the entire dash to be removed.
You can do a DATC self test and see if it identifies any problems.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

getting 1242 1262 1264 1265

Well, that's not great. You can ignore the 1265, that one is a software bug, your LS does not have a bypass door.
It's not hard to replace the floor and recycle actuators. To replace the defrost one... Dash Board Removal Thread

No idea, but pretty high.
Try the manual air settings. Does the air go where you direct it to? If so, you can ignore it for now. My 06 at 221K miles makes some noise as the DATC wiggles the actuators back and forth to unstick them. So far that's working.

So good news Ford found that the inlet door was tripping the others. So not major fix just some minor work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back