clear side markers

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clear side markers Ken. Very easy to do. Can't wait for the turn signals. :Beer

clear bumper lights.jpg

01lssport said:
Thanks for the clear side markers Ken. Very easy to do. Can't wait for the turn signals. :Beer

hey just got in new pair heads,, want to clear them and paint casing to match car.

i know its not to hard to do,, but can u send me infor steps and materials i'll need?

opr the thread i can get it.

this is an automated reply - Headlight Moisture (or how to clear out your amber turn signal corners):

1)take the headlamps out
- remove the upper plastic rad cover by removing the four turn plugs
- pull the outside temperature sensor off the plastic rad/bumper cover
- remove the plastic rad/bumper by pulling out the three plugs holding it in
- remove the headlamp by remove the three 8mm screws
- unplug the wiring harness

2)remove all three bulbs
3)use a hair dryer to dry out the moisture
4)if the water has not made the inside messy, simple seal up the edge of the housing using silicon and re-install
5)if you have to take the housing apart to clean the inside of the lens, the pre-heat the oven to 210, remove the three metal clips from the bottom of the housing, bake for 10mins, pull apart
6)clean the inside up
7)good time to pull out the amber reflectors for your turn signals (just break them loose and trim up any loose pieces)
8)push back together, put back into the oven for 10mins and then squeeze it all tight, the re-seal it with silicon.

thanks quikls for that, saves alot of time. also can someone post pics of clear sidemarkers on a black ls

itsnotmydaddys said:
thanks quikls for that, saves alot of time. also can someone post pics of clear sidemarkers on a black ls

thanks D.

my 2 cents, thinkin since heads on a blk LS are blk casing,, clear side markers will look wierd,, mite want to tint or trans paint them to blend into bumper sicne u are on the all blk feel right now.

JPsBored said:
thanks D.

my 2 cents, thinkin since heads on a blk LS are blk casing,, clear side markers will look wierd,, mite want to tint or trans paint them to blend into bumper sicne u are on the all blk feel right now.

Get the clear turn signals and tint them a light shade.
:Beer

im goin with clear side marker lenses on my black LS, cuz i think it will blend in good with the chrome strip on my front bumper... like Daddy asked, can any1 post pics of clear markers on their black LS?

LennDawg said:
im goin with clear side marker lenses on my black LS, cuz i think it will blend in good with the chrome strip on my front bumper... like Daddy asked, can any1 post pics of clear markers on their black LS?

It might take alittle while to see those on a black ls. Those were out of the first batch and I just got them today. Spent a couple hours put them together this afternoon.

Members online

Back