Clear Bra

ltnate3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I did a search and couldn't find anything. Has anyone here done this to their LS? If so are all products equal and what is resonable for hood and front end?

heres what i tihnk about bra's, they are made to protect the car from rocks and dirt damaging the car right. But if you have the damn thing on all the time then who's gonna see the nice protected front end underneath it? oh yea and a clear bra, no i havent seen one but dont you think it would relect the sun way too much and blind other drivers.

I almost bought one. I got tired of touching up rock chips on my bumper all the time. It seems like it would be hard to install, because it would probably get a lot of air bubbles in it. Maybe a tint shop could professionally install it. It would be a good investment if it really is "invisible" like they claim.

My friend has one on his vette. It was there when he bought it and he is getting ready to take it off casue he hates it. It might be clear, but you can tell clear as day that it is there.

I have a clear bra on my 02 LS. I think that it is a must if you put any type of mileage on your car. You can bitch about the chips in your hood and bumper, or bitch about the line around the edge of the protection film. Which is worse? I guess if it has to be perfect, you can get it repainted every 10,000 miles or so. Also I own a own a window tint and vinyl shop, we put the bras on for $299.99. If you want one, I could get it to you for alot less than that, but more than the ones on ebay. Ebay has them for like $25 shipped, we sell the 3M brand and Durashield. You have to be careful on ebay, you get what you pay for....

I was at a car show this weekend, a guy had one on the hood of his Scion. I didn't even notice it until I was like 2 feet away. The owner said that he had his installed by the Toyota dealer where he bought the car.

I have seen quite a few 360 Ferrari's with this treatment and it looks great. I would like to install one on mine but need to find a HIGH-END tint shop to install one.

-Scott-

brokentoy1 said:
I have a clear bra on my 02 LS. I think that it is a must if you put any type of mileage on your car. You can bitch about the chips in your hood and bumper, or bitch about the line around the edge of the protection film. Which is worse? I guess if it has to be perfect, you can get it repainted every 10,000 miles or so. Also I own a own a window tint and vinyl shop, we put the bras on for $299.99. If you want one, I could get it to you for alot less than that, but more than the ones on ebay. Ebay has them for like $25 shipped, we sell the 3M brand and Durashield. You have to be careful on ebay, you get what you pay for....

Are the ones on Ebay bad quality or is that just a general be careful?

My cost on one of the bras usually starts around $125 for the vehicle specific kits, just a roll of the 3m is close to $400. $25 shipped on ebay, it can't be a good product in my opinion.

brokentoy1 said:
My cost on one of the bras usually starts around $125 for the vehicle specific kits, just a roll of the 3m is close to $400. $25 shipped on ebay, it can't be a good product in my opinion.

That is a significant cost difference. Hmmm...I wonder what product they are using to sell it so cheap.

i'm guessing just clear vinyl. looks the same and goes on the same way but by no means the same stuff.........

Members online

Back