Cleaning Water Spots in Headlights

Ben's LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been getting bad moisture in my passenger side head light lately. I know how to take them apart and how to seal them and what not, but I was wondering if there is any way possible to clean the chrome reflectors inside the headlights for the high and low beams. I tried on a different headlight and ended up wiping away the reflective chrome. The water spots on my light have gotten so bad that I really can't stand it anymore. I have a feeling I will need to end up buying a new headlight(s), but if anyone has any knowledge on if it's possible to clean them without removing chrome it would be appreciated.

I was trying to wait for Alax to finish up those clear/tinted turn lenses before I opened them. I'm also playing around with the idea of just buying a set off ebay, brand new with the clear lenses already put in.

A little off topic of my question, but has anyone on here retrofitted projector headlights into the stock lights?

I have been getting bad moisture in my passenger side head light lately. I know how to take them apart and how to seal them and what not, but I was wondering if there is any way possible to clean the chrome reflectors inside the headlights for the high and low beams. I tried on a different headlight and ended up wiping away the reflective chrome. The water spots on my light have gotten so bad that I really can't stand it anymore. I have a feeling I will need to end up buying a new headlight(s), but if anyone has any knowledge on if it's possible to clean them without removing chrome it would be appreciated.

I was trying to wait for Alax to finish up those clear/tinted turn lenses before I opened them. I'm also playing around with the idea of just buying a set off ebay, brand new with the clear lenses already put in.

Any ls' in a junkyard near you? Buy the light and just take the chrome out

I've been to 2 different junkyards near here and they have a total of of like 6 LS's (4 Gen I's) and they either are missing headlights, have water damage inside, or are so badly oxidized that I can't see inside them anyway and don't wanna take the chance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back