Cleaning of Throttle Body '94 Mark VIII

Mark94

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. New member here with a frequently asked question:

Have '94 Mark VIII and am very aware of the well-known instructions not to clean the throttle body. However, in looking at it there is a somewhat small, but noticeable amount of black build up on a section of the perimeter of the butterfly. Am I to assume that I'm suppose to leave it there to satisfy the instructions not to clean it? If the build up should be removed, what do I use to clean it?

Appreciate your replies.

Hey everybody. New member here with a frequently asked question:

Have '94 Mark VIII and am very aware of the well-known instructions not to clean the throttle body. However, in looking at it there is a somewhat small, but noticeable amount of black build up on a section of the perimeter of the butterfly. Am I to assume that I'm suppose to leave it there to satisfy the instructions not to clean it? If the build up should be removed, what do I use to clean it?

Appreciate your replies.[/QUOT]
Ive used 'throttle body cleaner' on my 96 a few times over the past 12+ years of owning my Marks with no ill effects. I wouldnt use brake cleaner or anything that was for cleaning a carb, just specific throttle body cleaner.

Members online

No members online now.
Back