Clay Bar, 3 Coats of Zaino, 8 Hours and a Sore Arm

Husker Z

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I spent all day saturday cleaning my wife's new (to her) LS and it looked so damn nice, until we were driving home on sunday and a damn pop up shower poured rain on us on the interstate and ruined all of my work. :Bang And I didn't even get to take pics first. Anyway, if you guys haven't been introduced to the clay bar and more importantly, Zaino, you are missing out. That car is so damn shiny, it's unreal. I used the Zaino detail spray when I got home and it's back to it's showroom floor shine. I'll try to get pics up, but I just wanted to know if anyone else here uses Zaino or not.

Husker Z said:
I spent all day saturday cleaning my wife's new (to her) LS and it looked so damn nice, until we were driving home on sunday and a damn pop up shower poured rain on us on the interstate and ruined all of my work. :Bang And I didn't even get to take pics first. Anyway, if you guys haven't been introduced to the clay bar and more importantly, Zaino, you are missing out. That car is so damn shiny, it's unreal. I used the Zaino detail spray when I got home and it's back to it's showroom floor shine. I'll try to get pics up, but I just wanted to know if anyone else here uses Zaino or not.

Never heard of either product :Bang

Claybar is a pretty good alternative to lift grime off the surface of paint. If you have the touch a high RPM wheel with some medium grit 3M compound with a cotton pad, then follow with wax and an egg carton pad will make it look like the paint just literally got sprayed in the booth

Careful on those edges, friction burns!!!

talkin bout the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal ??

oh and 8 hrs?,lol ur nuts,, i live in mass,, weather is soo nuts here

Husker Z said:

Cool - Come do mine???

Husker Z, I use Zaino as well actually did it this weekend 1 coat of z-2 and z-5 and the z-6 spray at the start middle and end.. love that spray and it smells good too.
Anyways the bright side of it raining right after all that hard work is that since you had all that polish on it didn't damage the paint.
I'm sure you also noticed how well the water beads up.
What color is your car?

I had a 99 Mustang GT that was black and used the Zaino products on it all the time. Made it look great. No swirls.

Traded it in on an 04 Ultimate with white tricoat and haven't tried it on this one. Found better things to do with the 8 hours :)

JaredLS said:
Husker Z, I use Zaino as well actually did it this weekend 1 coat of z-2 and z-5 and the z-6 spray at the start middle and end.. love that spray and it smells good too.
Anyways the bright side of it raining right after all that hard work is that since you had all that polish on it didn't damage the paint.
I'm sure you also noticed how well the water beads up.
What color is your car?

Mine's black and it's so much easier to use now that they make the ZFX Accelerator so you don't have to wait for each coat to cure as long. It probably wouldn't have taken me that long, but I had quite a few breaks in the process. I was in a huge air conditioned garage, so it was pretty nice. The Z-6 spray is the best stuff ever invented, especially for those of us with black, you can keep you car looking freshly waxed all the time. For those of you who haven't tried their products, www.zainobros.com go there and do some reading. The clay bar process is awesome, it's just really time consuming, but well worth it. You have never felt your paint as smooth as it will be after the clay bar, and that's BEFORE you put on the Zaino. It's great.

Zaino owns all. A couple of coats of Z5 with ZFX to clear up any swirl marks with a coat of Z6 in between, then a top coat of Z2 followed by a coat of Z8 and you're gleaming. Sadly, no pics. But I'm about to do up my new daily driver 99 Celica so I'll try to get a pic of that.

I use Zaino on the wife's Navi. I have it down now. Wash (some dawn dishwashing soap if it your first time with Zaino), claybar, (I prefer Griots for the bar) with Griots speed shine, then five coats of Zaino (can't remember the two different numbers that I use) and I am done. Have it down to under 4 hours. Not bad for a black Navigator.

I use the older Zaino enhancer every few weeks and by doing that I only need to wax twice a year. Even when I do Zaino again the water is still beeding up, and I live where we get almost 40" of rain and we do several ski trips a year. It's great stuff.

Ok all sounds good, and went on the site products sound really good.

Now what I need to know is if you can break it down for me,, the site has like 100 products to use,,lol

I have a life so I dontr want to spend all day cleaning car, and not driving the car.

I have a 2000 Silver Frost,, car is pretty shinny now, was looking at something and saw nephew riding by in the reflection,,lol,, was like damn thats shinny.

So what 2-3 Zaino products do you recommend to clean it, remove light scratches and shine the B**** Up..??

For first time users I would get the Zkit-1. This is the kit that I got and it's good. I've done the Navi three times now and I've still got a lot left over. Remember a little really does go a long way. As for the wash that comes with the kit, it's okay but I don't use it anymore. Good luck.

Fastbird said:
What he said. And like he also said, a little goes a LONG way with Zaino. That should last you for a while.

talkin about the total kit for $127?

so ordered pak,, now, my problem is i dont have a cool, shaded garage to do it in.

whats my next option?

JPsBored said:
very nice thank u,, yea i was at the main zaino.com site.

the kit comes with instructions? which to use first etc..?

I'm not sure there, but I know there's VERY good instructions on the zaino website.

Fastbird said:
I'm not sure there, but I know there's VERY good instructions on the zaino website.

yea they basically say do it in a cool dry shaded place,,lol well i live in mass.. not many places like that outside,, esspecially since the whole system will take a few hours to do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back