Chrome Window Trim (Not Pillars)...How To Remove?

krunk_muzik

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering is there anyway I can "de-chrome" the window trim that goes all around the windows, without using any kind of pin-stripe tape/tape? I was considering maybe painting it, but can I also just buy the part? What's the best way to go about this. Again, I'm not considering using tape/pin-stripe. :)

The trim is pretty easy to remove if you just pull the window seals down. You will see all of the screws and then you just gently pry them off of the door. I took mine off of my parts car and I am actually selling the trim for someone to do a project like you're doing. If you need more info I can get you some pics.

The trim is pretty easy to remove if you just pull the window seals down. You will see all of the screws and then you just gently pry them off of the door. I took mine off of my parts car and I am actually selling the trim for someone to do a project like you're doing. If you need more info I can get you some pics.

I need the pillars if you have those.

i wanna remove the chrome too but i think i wanna go for the tape or paint way..it seems much easier to go that route

my trim is chrome and i want to change it also

has anyone done this before... does it sound correct?

I am looking to dechrome the weather stripping - anyone know how? So far searching, including this thread, comes up with rather vague results.

Also, what's a good product or combo of products to take care of fading in the black of the stripping as well?

^ Is that fairly durable stuff, adhesive and tear wise?

I'm all about plasti-dipping but damn the prep time can be brutal

if it tears, you pull off that small section, and redo it.

you will be able to do the entire car with tape in less time than just prepping for paint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back