chrome rims issue 2007 MKZ

azntrevor

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I have and issue with the chrome rims on my 2007. the crome is pitting and peeling my guess is just chicago winters and salt being the main cause. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. I have looked on a couple of sights with oem versions of the same rims and the alloy rims as well prices range $200-$500 a rim. are there anymore recomendations?

Well have you tried check online or salvage yard for pricing? For that price I would settle with aftermarket wheels.

Im also from Chicago and the rough winters definetly take a toll on chrome rims and rims in general , you can have them rechromed or sandblasted and painted another color , or the cheapest route is to plasti dip them

Im also from Chicago and the rough winters definetly take a toll on chrome rims and rims in general , you can have them rechromed or sandblasted and painted another color , or the cheapest route is to plasti dip them

I agree the cheapest way to cover or repair for the meantime is plasti dip. I had rims painted with it and looks great but durability is not that tough.

Members online

No members online now.
Back