Chrome question.

Vivid LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I cleaned my rims today and noticed there are a bunch of small scratches on them. Is there a way to buff chrome?

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

You can try using some wheel wax on them. That may help fill in the scratches and make them less noticable, but I dont think there is a way to polish them out.

Wheel wax isn't really what you want. You can get the scratches out using chrome polish. It might take a lot of elbow grease by hand to get them out or use one of those polishing balls and a drill.

Wheel wax isn't really what you want. You can get the scratches out using chrome polish. It might take a lot of elbow grease by hand to get them out or use one of those polishing balls and a drill.

There is a new powerball out its not the red one it is yellow. I hear it works better than the red ones, and they work good.

u can take them to a shop.. some places in my area rechrome and polish wheels.. i don't see why u cant do it.. or find a shop near u.. its about 125.00 a rim in my area

lol. The yellow powerball intrigues me, I think I'll pick one up :D

I had a quick question and its not that off topic:

On one of my OEM chrome wheels there are some small cracks around the center cap, any way to fix that? (I personally don't think so, but thought I'd ask anyway)

small cracks.. bent rims, re-chroming, re-polishing.. the shop around my place is called turbax

dont know if that helps.. but they might have one in ur area

Members online

No members online now.
Back