Chip question

Scorpio1118_2000

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who makes the best chip for our 97/98 cars?
Im wanting to buy a chip soon and I would appreciate the help thanks

Dale

Yeah,I'm with Scotpio1118_2000 (wow thats a big name) lol...I would like to find a good one for my '98...I've looked around an couldn't really find one,I went to the big name guys,an nothing was there...thanks for any info,

Isaiah3g

It's not so much who has a chip, but who has a mail order tune. Best thing is to visit a tuner and have him tune your car and reburn your chip.

Thanks guys,I asked my dad about it,(I'm only 18),and he said "You don't need a chip,you need a liscence first." and he DOES have a point there,but it's so stinkin expensive $345. for the test an then i have to shell out more money for the peice of paper..neways...thanks for the info.

Isaiah3g

ok,i JUST made 18 the tenth of feb...lol jus wanted to let ya know,not that you would need this info for nething...ok,i'm shutting up now...

Isaiah3g

Roadboss said:
It's not so much who has a chip, but who has a mail order tune. Best thing is to visit a tuner and have him tune your car and reburn your chip.

Tunes are the same except for higher elevation IE Colorado..etc. The only time you need a custom tune is for dramatic mods such as cams, headwork, headers, boost/nos. Remember all our tunes were initially developed on a dyno.

$249 sounds good. I will be getting one as soon as a tax return gets here, should be soon.

Tuning a 96 for a 2004 engine with Cobra 01 intake, lack of all emissions, IMRCs, and a few other things should not be a problem, right?

Geno, can you eliminate the timing retard and line pressure retard in between shifts? How many degrees timing does the chip advance? Can I ask for 5 degrees timing advance in the lower rpms and than only 4 degrees timing advance in the high rpm? I'm looking for a chip for the 96, thanks Geno...

98LSC32V said:
Geno, can you eliminate the timing retard and line pressure retard in between shifts? How many degrees timing does the chip advance? Can I ask for 5 degrees timing advance in the lower rpms and than only 4 degrees timing advance in the high rpm? I'm looking for a chip for the 96, thanks Geno...

Already done bro, hit me up.

Geno, I will be buying one too, (spoke with you on the phone today) Just waiting for the tax money. Should have it in a month or less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back