"check transmission"

cinman93

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I have a 2000 LS V-8 and last month it started missing bad, so i checked and sure enough there was oil on the coil boots, so i replaced all teh coils, plugs, and the gasket kits for both sides of the motor. Then I got a check engine light and it gave me a code that meant "converter being damaged" which i assume came from fuel not being burned by the motor when it was missing before i did all the work to it. So, today I had a high-flow cat put on the driver side and had the CEL reset. The car id doing exactly what it did before the cat......
when driving normal, it will "slip" out of gear and the RPM's will go up to about 3 or 4 grand, then back into gear. at idle, it runs smooth for about 15 seconds, then a quick thud and the rpm's drop off and come right back, or they drop off and the car dies. well, a few minutes ago when i drove it home, at about 40 MPH while pressing the gas i get a slip, then goes to 3800 RPM and then right back into gear, then the "check transmission" message appeared but still NO check engine light, so i cant pull a code to see whats wrong. Help!!

check transmission usually points to an electrical problem. u need to get that thing into the dealer.

just got it to my local tranny shop, they pulled a P0715 code which is - P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction.......
they're telling me 200 to replace. Since i dont even know where this part is, i think i am gonna have to let them do it. any of you had this problem?

Having replaced my tranny, I 'THINK' all of the speed sensors on the tranny are on the top and seem like they would be a PITA to get to. $200 doesn't seem like much so I'd just let them do it!

Members online

No members online now.
Back