"Check transmission" message

• Thread starter Deleted member 6070
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6070

Help...Can clogged fuel injectors cause "Check transmission" message? hitting reset turns message off and will stay off for 200 or so miles???

Why do you think the injectors are clogged?
Have you checked the OBDII for error codes.

Clogged fuel injector(s) can cause cylinder misfires, resulting in surging and/or bucking.
Misfires will set OBDII error codes. You may get one general misfire code, or a code for individual cylinders.

Some transmission problems will also set error codes, depending on how many items the system monitors. Check the easiest things first -- make sure there are no injector/misfire problems.

Why do you think the injectors are clogged?
Have you checked the OBDII for error codes.

Clogged fuel injector(s) can cause cylinder misfires, resulting in surging and/or bucking.
Misfires will set OBDII error codes. You may get one general misfire code, or a code for individual cylinders.

Some transmission problems will also set error codes, depending on how many items the system monitors. Check the easiest things first -- make sure there are no injector/misfire problems.

I added Lucas cleaner to the fuel tank yesterday, with a full tank. I'll see what happens today on my trip to the VA, about 20 miles there and back. I thank you for the prompt response. I'll let you know. It's pretty obvious that at the age of 82 I still don't know my ass from a hot rock.....LOL. But what I HAVE learned is to listen to others.....and that's where you come in. Thanx again!

Members online

Back