Check Traction Control Warning

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got the check traction control light and ABS light.. popped on my bluetooth scanner and torque app but shows no codes?? Was hoping just a wheel sensor.. read it can be a hub but they are fine.

I need to do my brakes.. again.. becuase they are dragging. Calipers are being replaced this time. This hppnd right after I applied the e-brake. Good 100 degree day out..

Do you need a more sophisticated scanner to pull these? Last time my Pontiac Bonneville had an ABS code that was a wheel sensor but only the shops scanner code see it not mine..

If you already have the bluetooth adapter, then Forscan is probably a good choice for you. That one can get pretty much all of the Ford/Lincoln codes, including ABS.

Well, got the forscan lite app for $5. Got a ton of codes.. I have no issues with the car besides the ABS which now I cant even stop as it goes off every time. It went away then after using the ebrake came back so I stopped using it then I washed it and it came back.. going to start with the sensor..

I thinke audio had to do with removing the speaker?

As for climate control nothing is wrong..

Battery is fairly new and working great so dont think its causing the ebrake code..

Drivers side low beam works..

Code: B1265 - Cold Air Bypass Divert Door driver circuit failure

Code: U2025 - No response from a module on the communication network when specific data was requested
Module: Audio Control Module
Code: U1262 - SCP Data Link Fault
Code: B1794 - Open Power Circuit or Shorted Power
Code: C1235 - Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing

The code is set normally when the speed from one sensor differs from the speed on the other three sensors. The vehicle speed must exceed 20 kph (13 mph) for this code to be set.

Last edited:
B1265 1265 Cold Air Bypass Door Actuator Circuit Failure Invalid code. Vehicle not equipped with cold air bypass door actuator. Ignore this code and continue diagnostics.

U1262 SCP (J1850) Communication Bus Fault Electronic Parking Brake Module

(Note that the parking brake will complain if the ABS can't provide good speed data)

B1794 Lamp Headlamp Low-Beam Circuit Failure
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

C1235 a Wheel Speed RR Input Signal Missing ABS
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Run the ABS self Test in FORScan. My traction control started acting up on me one day and I ran the self test and it hasn't had a hiccup in a while.

Also if you have a laptop you can get the FORScan Windows tool for free and it works with bluetooth OBD-ii readers as well.

Ran ABS self test, when finished there is nothing listed under DTC but none for audio either maybe its the app?

As far as B1265 was reading it can be the dccv or output temp sensor.

I reset it and cant get rid of the audio ones either..
U2005
U2008
U2025

Omw to get a new speed sensor. Getting a duralst at autozone as I dont want to risk not stopping for a couple days...

...As far as B1265 was reading it can be the dccv or output temp sensor....

You should burn whatever you read that from! That is absolutely incorrect.
B1265 has nothing at all to do with the DCCV or any temperature sensor. The 1st gen had a bypass door, the 2nd gen does not. It's an oversight with the firmware in the DATC that causes that code. They finally corrected it by the 06 model. It is meaningless.

The audio codes are normal and expected. No problem there. (Better scan tools ignore and don't even report them.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back