Check THIS out... leather/interior restoration...

John Hubertz

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Here's a wild one - a family owned company in New Jersey that has been selling leather restoration products since 1968. The site is barely literate ( http://www.leatherique.com )and they must be real wiseguys, but OH the results:

Jag XJ6 before...
Dsc00862.jpg

After...
MVC-183S.jpg

They are the OFFICIAL supplier to the Rolls-Royce owner's club - and Rolls leather is soft and "wrinkles to death" like lincoln leather.... Check this '71....

Before....
rolls-b.jpg

After....
rolls-a.jpg

I'm going to order materials to do preventative maintenance on my mark and fix a worn spot on my "parchment" (light cream) Benz seats.... I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Anybody have any other recommended suppliers or before/afters on in-car Lincoln seat restores?

Ive heard a lot of good things about leatherique I did a lot of searching a few months ago when i bought my car one what to use on the interior. I dunno if it works on our ford leather, so keep us posted.

I called them once and questioned them about the process. Basically, your going to be doing something similar to wet sanding, removing the top layers of leather until the cracking is gone. You cannot 'fix' leather that is cracked all the way through.

My suggestion is that you find a local upolstery shop and have them replace the affected parts of your seat. If you want a maintenence free option, replace the most troublesome parts with a vinyl product since they dont crack.

John Hubertz said:
Hey,

Here's a wild one - a family owned company in New Jersey that has been selling leather restoration products since 1968. The site is barely literate ( http://www.leatherique.com )and they must be real wiseguys, but OH the results:

Jag XJ6 before...
Dsc00862.jpg

After...
MVC-183S.jpg

They are the OFFICIAL supplier to the Rolls-Royce owner's club - and Rolls leather is soft and "wrinkles to death" like lincoln leather.... Check this '71....

Before....
rolls-b.jpg

After....
rolls-a.jpg

I'm going to order materials to do preventative maintenance on my mark and fix a worn spot on my "parchment" (light cream) Benz seats.... I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Anybody have any other recommended suppliers or before/afters on in-car Lincoln seat restores?
look's good,but isn't the steering wheel ang the wrong side?:N

Several guys I've talked to on the Mercedes M-100 site have used this product on their Mercedes leather, and that stuff is so thick it actually hardens into a cardboard like material and then tears as it cracks....

They offer a crack filler that will fill small cracks on-car, or with a glued on fabric backing can be used even on seats as bad as that Jag.

One friend has several years on his and the filler is still working well. His car looks new inside - but it was a 30 hour job - on $1600 benz front seat covers it is worth it.

Fortunately, my Mark seat is nearly mint - I'm looking to clean it, reseal and dye the little crackly fade lines that are just beginning to appear and make the driver's seat look as close as possible to the other three seats without pulling the seat.... I'm being told their copolymer dye can be applied with a fine tip on an airbrush gun or a tiny brush. My main goal is to restore the original cleanliness and suppleness to avoid future problems.

My Benz has a parchment (ivory) leather interior with enough wear on the edge of the driver's upper bolster the tan natural leather color is showing through the white leather surface. I'll anticipate a more thorough prep to get good adhesion where it is worn and spray-blending that spot into the surrounding panel - perhaps even spray the whole bolster to avoid blend lines.

It will be a month or so but I'll keep LVC posted as I learn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back