Check Right Brake Light warning

pghpete22

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been getting this alert the past week or so on my 00 LS. Checking the brake light, it lights up just fine. Is my car telling me that the light is about to go out? Is it psychic? :confused:

Mine has done that here and there so i would stop the car and go check the light and it was fine. Maybe it's a little loose and doesn't make good contact so the car think the bulb is out when it just moved a little out of place? :confused:

mine was doing the same thing then i checked it again and it was out, check fuse 7 in the trunk fuse box its a 5amp make sure its okay

Checked fuses - the fuse for the Stop Lamps is in the forward fuse box, behind the passenger side's kick panel. Bought a new bulb, still doesn't work. Checked the socket, got good voltage there. I'm officially at my limit knowledge-wise. I'll try to find someone smarter than me on car topics. I DO NOT want to take it to the dealer and get charged something obscene for something that's probably minor.

Checked fuses - the fuse for the Stop Lamps is in the forward fuse box, behind the passenger side's kick panel. Bought a new bulb, still doesn't work. Checked the socket, got good voltage there. I'm officially at my limit knowledge-wise. I'll try to find someone smarter than me on car topics. I DO NOT want to take it to the dealer and get charged something obscene for something that's probably minor.

Like 02 ls8 said the fuse for the stop lamp is in the trunk, check pages 196-197 of your owner's manual.........

I've been getting this alert the past week or so on my 00 LS. Checking the brake light, it lights up just fine. Is my car telling me that the light is about to go out? Is it psychic? :confused:

First, make sure you check all of the bulbs in the rear. Check them with the brake on. Check them with the hazards on. Check them with the parking lights on. In each case, there should be the same number of them lit on the left as the right.
If that doesn't get it, then the possibilities are:
1: Defective bulb that still lights (but at the wrong brightness level)
2. Defective bulb socket.
3. Bad wiring between the bulb socket and the REM.
5. Defective REM
6. Fuse (in the fuse box in the spare tire well in the trunk)

Members online

Back