Check ride control computer message

jwolsen

LVC Member
Reaction score
The air suspension system in my car, was changed out to springs, and everytime I start the car, the message Check ride control comes on. All I have to do is hit reset, and it goes away, but is there anyway to keep this from coming up every time the car is started? If anyone has a solution, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Bill.

Where did you get the conversion from usually they give instructions to keep the light out.

The conversion was done before I bought the car. I just found out, that the shop that did the oil change 2 days ago, turned the switch in the trunk, and that's what caused it to change from air suspension disengaged, to check ride control. I turned the switch back, and my computer is now telling me the air suspension is disengaged. I'm fine with everything now. I appreciate your getting back, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my next question, but I'll ask anyway. Now that I don't have air suspension, I assume when I change the ride from normal to plush or firm, it doesn't do a thing, seeing as I no longer have the air suspension. Would this be correct? Thanks again for replying. Sincerely, Bill.

The ride settings should only affect the shocks which are electrically controlled, not the air ride. That being said, the car has 'road sensing suspension' which samples the wheel positions 176 times per second and compares front wheel position to rear wheel position to prepare for bumps and attempts to smooth them out. The air part is to keep ride height and car level.

That's good information to know, thanks. Is that information in the owners or service manuals? Thanks for replying, I appreciate being enlightened. Bill.

I had done some googles and read the specs on this car. The info is also in the owners manual where they call it 'road calibrated suspension.

Members online

Back