DSCN0478edit.jpg

DSCN0479edit.jpg

DSCN0480edit.jpg

DSCN0481edit.jpg

DSCN0483edit.jpg

DSCN0537edit.jpg

DSCN0538edit.jpg

DSCN0539edit.jpg

The first couple of pics look bad...............

But the last three look great. Glad to see that it polished out.

Seriously though. That thing looks sweet. They did a great job.

Wow- nuthin' like the smell of fresh paint!

Look great, really nice, black is hard to do!

Joes Mark said:
I had my Mark re-painted. The car is all original with only 40,000 miles.:D :D
Congratulations!
Nice score and nice restoration.

Like someone said ... black is HARD to do but the end result kicks ass.

oldschool1026.thumb.jpgoldschool1027.thumb.jpgoldschool1022.thumb.jpgoldschool1025.thumb.jpg

oldschool1010.thumb.jpgoldschool1015.thumb.jpgoldschool1016.thumb.jpgoldschool1017.thumb.jpg

how much was it for a hell of a paint job like that.. My 88 Mark VII is white and one day soon i want to tear it apart and repaint it white again...

StincolnLincoln said:
how much was it for a hell of a paint job like that.. My 88 Mark VII is white and one day soon i want to tear it apart and repaint it white again...
OldSchool1 was done by Ford and included a new carriage top.

Let's just say it was over $2000.00

Well after checking out a couple of shops and getting prices from $4000. to 10,000., I ended up finding a place in Holbrook LI. The total cost was $2000. and I gave the guy a $200 tip. The job was supposed to take 3 weeks but ended up lasting 7. But as they say " all good thing things come to those who wait". The reason for the new paint job was that factory paint on the roof and hood started to bubble and crack.

$2000, was a great price for all the work he did. The body work was really limited a couple of dings and sanding down the hood, roof and trunk lid. These flat surfaces is where the factory paint started to crack and peel and needed to be sanded down to bare metal. The rest of the body was fine, no rust.
After meeting the guy and getting his price, I stopped at Macco since it was on my home and they wanted $1850 without taking any trim off just using tape.
The way I found the shop was by luck. I had noticed a mid 90's Monte Carlo sitting in my banks parking lot with a killer paint job. I started talking to the owner who told me that he had it done 5 years ago. It looked like it was just done. So he gave me the name and shopping I went.

:q:q:q:qin gorgeous dude, black paint is a such a bitch to take care of tho. good luck, good results, congrats.

It looks good.....but.....I hope you pulled the bumpers and trim....for that price.

Well after 18 months of using the car as a daily driver the paint job still looks great. Unfortunately two weeks ago someone broke into the car and stole the radio. There is no damage to the doors or body but they ended up busting up the dash and the area around the radio. I have now lost interest in the car. Any body looking for new car with only 41,500 miles with a slightly beat up dash. MAKE ME AN OFFER. I still have the stock radio.

Well after 18 months of using the car as a daily driver the paint job still looks great. Unfortunately two weeks ago someone broke into the car and stole the radio. There is no damage to the doors or body but they ended up busting up the dash and the area around the radio. I have now lost interest in the car. Any body looking for new car with only 41,500 miles with a slightly beat up dash. MAKE ME AN OFFER. I still have the stock radio.

How much are you looking to get for it? I'm always interested if the price is right! :cool:

$2000 plus $200 for tip, the paint job it more than the car was worth.

When ever I'm asked,
"What is my car worth?" I simply respond,
"Your car is worth whatever someone else is wiling to pay for it."

A fresh paint job, done professionally, normally raises the worth of a vehicle by $2000.00 It's just that simple. Put a $3.00 gift in a $5.00 box and your spouse will say thank you. Put a $3.00 gift in your spouse's hand and they'll ask WTF. Buying and selling cars for any reason other than transportation or entertainment, is truly a financial loss. The exception being of course, auctions and willed vehicles (the restored 57 Chevy left to you by Uncle Willy).

Putting 2k into a machine that I'm gonna enjoy tooling around in is cool. Selling said machine in five or ten years for about $1200.00 can be expected. Ebaying the car for three times the average selling cost makes ebay stock holders very happy :)

"Your car is worth whatever someone else is wiling to pay for it." yea kelly blue book.

When ever I'm asked,
"What is my car worth?" I simply respond,
"Your car is worth whatever someone else is wiling to pay for it."

A fresh paint job, done professionally, normally raises the worth of a vehicle by $2000.00 It's just that simple. Put a $3.00 gift in a $5.00 box and your spouse will say thank you. Put a $3.00 gift in your spouse's hand and they'll ask WTF. Buying and selling cars for any reason other than transportation or entertainment, is truly a financial loss. The exception being of course, auctions and willed vehicles (the restored 57 Chevy left to you by Uncle Willy).

Putting 2k into a machine that I'm gonna enjoy tooling around in is cool. Selling said machine in five or ten years for about $1200.00 can be expected. Ebaying the car for three times the average selling cost makes ebay stock holders very happy :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back