check engine light/coils

mergner26

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure my coils are either fried or on their way out(rough idling, hesitation, horrible MPG) and the check engine light just came on (but went back off). Here's the question though...when i bring it in should i just let them diagnose it and hope they find something, or should i tell them what i think it is? Also, since my check engine light went off this morning will that change anything with them finding the problem?

Any idea how long i should expect to be without my car?

mergner26 said:
i'm pretty sure my coils are either fried or on their way out(rough idling, hesitation, horrible MPG) and the check engine light just came on (but went back off). Here's the question though...when i bring it in should i just let them diagnose it and hope they find something, or should i tell them what i think it is? Also, since my check engine light went off this morning will that change anything with them finding the problem?

Any idea how long i should expect to be without my car?

Let them diagnose it. More than likely they will find something. The check engine light can always cut back on.
You shouldn't be without your car for more than a day, unless they have to special order something.

A Ford dealership can diagnose your car for $30 less than a Lincoln dealership.

Good luck.

Members online

Back