Check Engine Light Already??

Andrew L

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Not good...
The car runs great but it came on, on my way home from classes. Went to AutoZone to get it read and it says P0153

First thing that came up was 02 sensor, but I literally just got my state inspection and the other thing that came up under that was fuel system running too rich. Last fill up I used 93 gas, I have been using 91 before... could that be causing it?

How many miles are on the car? Does it idle smooth (and I mean like, "brand new smooth"), or does it have a slight shake in it when idling.

Not good...
The car runs great but it came on, on my way home from classes. Went to AutoZone to get it read and it says P0153

First thing that came up was 02 sensor, but I literally just got my state inspection and the other thing that came up under that was fuel system running too rich. Last fill up I used 93 gas, I have been using 91 before... could that be causing it?

what does "just" getting inspected have to do with anything?

you've got a bad 02 sensor reporting your car is running rich.
or you have a bad injector making your car run rich

what does "just" getting inspected have to do with anything?

you've got a bad 02 sensor reporting your car is running rich.
or you have a bad injector making your car run rich

I think they would have noticed if the sensor was going on it... they have to do a whole emissions test on them.

And yes the car runs brand new smooth it has 26k miles and change

Typically a bad C.O.P. can makes an O2 sensor either go bad, or receive a bad reading. However, if your car is running smooth, it's a possibility you just have a bad O2 sensor and it's not C.O.P. related. It's not totally unheard of. I'd start with changing out your O2 sensor and going from there. If it fouls or gives you a bad reading again, start diving deeper into it.

I think they would have noticed if the sensor was going on it... they have to do a whole emissions test on them.

if the car passed they dont care if your sensor is going out.
so long as it lasted long enough to pass that is all they were concerned with.

Members online

Back