check charging system HELP

Dead President

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
about two weeks back my display had an error that said check charging system and my battery light(already replaced battery a month ago) came on and it was very hard for the car to make power for some reason. i could barely get it into a nearby parking lot and we decided to jump it since it wouldnt turn over. it ran fine after the jump and i made it home ok. i even drove to my local autozone the next day and they checked the battery with a voltmeter. they said it was checking out ok but didnt kno the exact reading it was supposed to put out. well making a stupid decision, i thought it was just a hiccup and i began to drive it normal again. now its acting the same way. i jumped it and i can drive it normal. im worried in a few weeks i'll get stuck somewhere w/ out help for hrs especially if im on a tight schedule. any help is appreciated

we're thinking its the alternator but looking for other opinions first, thx peeps

Mine just did that, and I got stranded last night. Everything in the car just shut off because it was running off the battery, and sure enough...the battery died. So now its at the dealer waiting on a $500 alternator.

sounds like an alternator to me .. atleast you got some sort of warning. mine said check charging system the day after it went completely dead and i charged the battery. it then went for like a month fine after just charging the battery, then one day it just died again. so far it has been good after the alternator change. did you get any other lights?

yea all the dummy lights came on. after check charge it said check advancetrack system but i knew it had to do with the charging since it was acting up and i figured all the other electronics were sufferin. i'm just guna go ahead and switch it out, the alt

how long has it been since u had the alternator changed?

about 2 months. both times the car died i got all those lights, and the last time i had a bit of a hard start so i kinda knew something was about to happen. tried to make it home but didn`t make it.

im going to switch it out tomorrow afternoon. i jacked it up today and pulled off a cover to find the alt. and dam i never realized how crammed that engine bay is. hopefully this will fix the problem

It's alternator for sure, I had the same thing going on with mine and also my instrument lights were going on and off under hard acceleration. I changed my alternator myself, the location is good, but the harness is hard to disconnect if you don't have the car lifted high. Changed it and no problems since.

Members online

No members online now.
Back