check air suspension

signature1

LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to manually letting the air out of the air bags i am tired of riding around like i have air shocks filled all the way up and the dash displaying "check air suspension" . how do you eliminate check air suspension"
on the dash please help :bash: :Bang argue2

Check the fuse that controls the air suspension it is a green 30 amp fuse in the engine compartment.

Could be your ride level sensor is bad (it's the small "shock" looking thingy on your rear suspension)...

Try a few things first:
#1 As suggested before, check the 30 amp fuse in the underhood fuse box. Replace if necessary. If this is blown, plan on getting a compressor. IT IS BAD.
#2 Look up under the car to make sure the sensor is connected.
If these are o.k., proceed.
#3 Turn the ignition on. Time how long it takes before the "check suspension" light comes on. If it comes on after 45 seconds, you have a venting problem. Town Cars are notorious for venting problems, due to rusted/corroded vent solenoids (from excessive moisture)

I know that 1995 (Limited abilities) and newer Lincoln Town Cars have an OBDII generation on board computer. 1996 was the first year of a fully functional one.

If your Lincoln is a 1996 or newer go to your neighborhood Autozone and for FREE they will look up the code and error for you and that's the easy way to find out whats wrong. No obligation to buy or rent anything.

For future reference if the car doesn't run, call around town to find an Autozone that will actually rent it out. By "rent" they mean you pay in full to buy the item and when you bring it back they give you a full refund with the tax included. Works great and is essentially free.

TriumphGT6 said:
I know that 1995 (Limited abilities) and newer Lincoln Town Cars have an OBDII generation on board computer. 1996 was the first year of a fully functional one.

If your Lincoln is a 1996 or newer go to your neighborhood Autozone and for FREE they will look up the code and error for you and that's the easy way to find out whats wrong. No obligation to buy or rent anything.

For future reference if the car doesn't run, call around town to find an Autozone that will actually rent it out. By "rent" they mean you pay in full to buy the item and when you bring it back they give you a full refund with the tax included. Works great and is essentially free.

That will work if the CEL is on, but not for the Air Suspension...

I have sat and thought about this problem, and have you tried the most basic and usually overlooked way to resolve this: Did you check the button in the trunk and made sure that the Air Suspension is turned on?

It seems dumb to suggest this but usually the easiest resolution is last to be thought of.

As far as the OBD scanner, it detects codes stored in the OBC. According to literature on OBD scanners, some MILs (Malfunction Indicator Light) can store codes other than just the Check Engine light. As far as his car is concerned, I don't know what his OBC will and won't do because the year of the car is unknown.

Good Luck, and may you have a cheap resolution to your problem.

TriumphGT6 said:

actualy some 95s have a full obdII i have found out atleast that is how it is on the continental

Oddly enough, some cars (I was referring to the TC) did have full featured OBDII computers in 1994, but from what I read the TC got full in 1996. I don't know what features are limited in the 1995 but I only know what I read.

that cool but i know i have had mine checked out and i have full OBDII in my 95

one of the things Ford DOse is they will take parts from the next year or a proto typ part and they dont tell ppl and put it in a car couse they want it to be harder for non dealership shops and mechanics to fix there cars that why they put difrent parts in cars for difrents year that realy shouldnt have been there

yep, check da' switch man... but, it's probably the compressor if the ass is low, vent solenoid if it is high...party on

i hope you figure it out man i dont like hering about lincoln being converted over to springs couse dont we buy them for the ride week the airbags man its the best part about it :)

Lower the ride height sensor on your rear axle all the way down on its bracket. If your ride height doesn't change then replace the sensor.

If you want to vent the Purge valve with the car raised at the top of the air bag is a valve take the check spring out and turn it counter clockwise repeat on other Side if this doesn't resolve your issue follow steps above

Hi I have a 98 lincoln town car but my driver side is lower then my right side any suggestions on what that can be? Also no code's

Members online

Back