Check Advance traction

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok this has just started the last few days. When i go to start car and the red light flashes on the top of the dash and on instrutment cluster comes up check advancetrak. And just turns over but won't start, second also just started today is gear select data error came on and stalled the car. It's a 2002 lincoln lswith V8 can anybody tell me what this issue is Thanks Paul

Took a minute to sort that out. Do I understand correctly?

1. You are getting a "check advancetrac message." Is this all the time or just sometimes? You are not getting an ABS light or message. Is this true?

2. Sometimes it won't even attempt to start and you get a rapidly flashing PATS light. When this happens, just leave the key on and wait for the light to slow down. When it does, it will flash out one or more two-digit codes a few times. Post those here and we can better help.

3. You got the "E" on the transmission display as well as the gear select error message. The engine stalled exactly when this happened? You've not had this message or a stall before?

The battery is brand new this summer. The advanncetrac is just sometimes,and no abs light. yes sometimes it won't start and i get a rapid flashing pats light. also i get no E on the transmission display just today i believe in came up gear select data error while i was at a stop sign and then noticed it stall. no i haven't. I will go outside and see if it does it now. ok it took me four attemps to make it do it . the flashes came up like you said flashes once then pause then six times
I just found this post in google after you told me how many times it blinks http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=71331
now is that relay under the hood fuse box ?

Is this nearly new battery the correct one with the factory vent connection? If not, I would suspect that your no-start and your stall/transmission problem is caused by corrosion of the PCM relay and/or PCM relay socket in the trunk junction box.

The AdvanceTrac problem is either the YAW sensor or the steering angle sensor. Steering angle sensor problems seem to be more common. You may be able to fix it by using compressed air to blow the dust out of the steering angle sensor.

Yes the battery has factory vent on it, did have some condesation on in truck last year but fixed that. as for the steering angle sensor it on the steer shaft seen that is that yaw thing also. it is found it

The yaw sensor is in the center console. Replacement requires on-car recalibration with the right scan tool.

Ok i blew that steering angle sensors it seem to have grease on it. its seems to have worked. other question does that have anything to do with the steering wheel not locking.

Ok i blew that steering angle sensors it seem to have grease on it. its seems to have worked. other question does that have anything to do with the steering wheel not locking.

North American LSes do not have a steering wheel lock. I'm not sure which countries got a lock, but provision was made for one.

oh ok didnt really realize that till now thought they were never really notice till now that they dont thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back