cheapest ls ive ever seen

jumpball207

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was recently looking through a used carguide and to my amazement i saw a 2001 ls for $4995 so at first i thought it was a typo so i called and for sure they were selling for that price, so i called and asked what was wrong with it because at a price like that something has to be wrong with, and they said the only thing it had was 97,000 miles but ran perfectly but the dealer said it was too late and that someone bought it 30 minutes after the flyer went out what a deal right

that is a great deal actually... but to me it still sounds fishy. do you know if it was a V6 or a V8 model??

HA, its just a dealer trick, once i saw a 2001 too, for 6000 and as soon as I called it was sold, and then they told me to come and check out the rest of their LS's.

it was a v6 but you might be right about that just being a sceme cause i asked are they ever gonna have it for that price if they get another one and he said no that was a one time special but if its true someone got really lucky

The old "bait and switch" has kind of been put to an end. The add they placed for $4995 HAS to have a dealer stock # listed. Ask to see the contract.

even if it is true you know the thing must have been a piece of $#!^ cosmeticly and I'm willing to bet the engine isnt in the best shape of its life...I wouldnt have even gave it the time of day....you think the ls has its fair share of problems when one is in good shape...imagine that one...HA!

Members online

Back