Charging Problem

Frank

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Dear people please help!
95 Conti will not charge
Change Alternator and battery no diferences .
car work fine when battery have charge .
I also have 96 Conti and i swap alternator and Batt and is OK (working on other car) What cuold be a problem

Please help!!!!!

Thank you

Yea i had the same problem with the 96 but i just changed the alternator then it was fine. you might want to then check the electrical work on there some wires might of got loose. if not then i got no idea.

Make sure the new alternator you put in is working properly. If you bought a rebuilt alternator (ie. from Autozone) there is a greater chance that it is just a bad unit.

The electrical system on a 97 Linc Continental can sometimes be difficult to diagnose. I had a problem with mine this year, but I solved it. My first symptom was a red battery light coming on a lot. Sometimes for a few seconds, but often staying on for the whole trip. I discovered that the battery was doing all the work. The car was running off of the battery and my alternator was fried. The first alternator installed was the wrong one as there are 3 different alternators that can fit the 97 Continental. Then I replaced the Battery. The positive battery cable had become corroded inside the red covering, but was able to be repaired by pulling up some excess cable up and cutting the bad part off. The Alternator is not cheap for the Lincoln Continental. Be prepared to drop up to $200 or more for one. Hope you find the problem with yours.

Members online

Back