Changing trim

guilty

New LVC Member
Reaction score
On the 03 and up ls’s some have all the interior trim as the brushed aluminum and some have a mix of the brushed and the wood. My questions is on the ones with the mix trim how hard is it to take off the wood trim and replace it with the brushed? I really hate the mix and match look. Do most of the pieces (especially the piece that runs from the light controls to the ignition) just com off. Any answers would be a plus. Thanks in advance.:)

Have you considered keeping the wood and painting black over the silver painted parts? The wood trim was around $600 option you know. I personally love the combination of wood, silver, and my black interior. I can see how it would be a lot less sexy with a non-black interior though.
(p.s. they called it "satin nickel" not brushed aluminum).

Just remember the wood is real wood, not the wud like in the '00-'02.

if you search, somewhere on here theres a red ls with the trim inside painted red too. maybe they could help. also i would ditch the satin nickel and keep that real wood. i have a 2000 with the aftermarket woodgrain kit along with the factory woodgrain and took some pieces off. kinda wish i kept the center console piece, although it does make it look more oem

Yes, the piece of woodgrain next to the ignition comes off. IIRC, there are two screws that need to be removed to loosen the bottom trim of the dash. Once that has been loosened (pulled down and out a little), the woodgrain should pop out. At least that's how it is on my 00. I took my "wud" out and painted it black. Looks nice set against the tan dash.

I have the wood interior mixed with the silver/nickel trim and i hate the nickel. It scratches very easy and looks crappy against black. I'd like to keep the wood and change the silver. The console piece is no problem and the upper air vent piece should be easy also. Is there a way to remove just the nickel piece off of the radio and climate controls ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back