Changing Brake Fluid

LSxHC

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to change the brake fluid on a 2002 LS without pulling off the wheels?

Does anybody know how to change the brake fluid on a 2002 LS without pulling off the wheels?
How else are you going to get to the bleeders?
If you don't open them, you can't get most of the fluid out.
If you aren't experienced with this procedure (you aren't, or you wouldn't be asking), you shouldn't be doing this without someone who is, to teach you.

Removing a tire is probably about the easiest thing you can do to car, I wouldn't be messing with the braking system if you can't even do that, you'll likely end up without working brakes,

How else are you going to get to the bleeders?
If you don't open them, you can't get most of the fluid out.
If you aren't experienced with this procedure (you aren't, or you wouldn't be asking), you shouldn't be doing this without someone who is, to teach you.
Ive done it before with my grandfather on his car. All I was wondering is if there was a way to do it without removing the wheel. No big deal

Removing a tire is probably about the easiest thing you can do to car, I wouldn't be messing with the braking system if you can't even do that, you'll likely end up without working brakes,
Well obviously I can pull of the wheels, I just wondering is there was a trick of some sort. I don’t have a garage available so I have to do it outside in the windy cold weather

Did your grandfather remove the wheel??
No trick.

Take it to the dealer and have them pressure bleed the whole system.

Last I knew it was only $100 (maybe depending on where you live) for them to do it... and you get all brand new fluid.

This assumes a properly working brake system to start with.

Take it to the dealer and have them pressure bleed the whole system.

Last I knew it was only $100 (maybe depending on where you live) for them to do it... and you get all brand new fluid.

This assumes a properly working brake system to start with.
Thank you!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back