center console

00ls5spd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a console from an automatic will fit properly with a manual console?? I could really use the other cup holder....

Here some pics of my console, Just by eyeballing it, it looks as though they would be interchangable. Sorry about the shadow. I took these at work didn't have time to move my car out of the sun.

console pics 001.JPE

console pics 003.JPE

Looks like it, Yea I think you could fit it over there. Maybe the rear part of the leather boot would go up front a little bit..

Its not a direct fit, the boot area is different than the auto's console. It could be modified though to fit. Sounds like a fun project for ya.

Fla02LS said:
Its not a direct fit, the boot area is different than the auto's console. It could be modified though to fit. Sounds like a fun project for ya.

So my boot is probably smaller than the cut out for the automatic??
If so it will proabably be an easy job but if the opening is smaller, my shifter may not be able to engage all the gears...Does this sound right to you guys??

I think the automatic's one is smaller that the sticks, but you should try it man. Go to the dealer, buy one try to put it on, if it fits keep it, if no return it. Or modify it so it will fit.

00ls5spd said:
If so it will proabably be an easy job but if the opening is smaller, my shifter may not be able to engage all the gears...Does this sound right to you guys??

00ls5spd said:

I think it will work. Your boot looks to be bigger than the automatic cut-out.
You might even be able to put attach the boot to the under side of the auto console assuming it will still shift properly. I would like to see what the console looks like with the shifter boot removed from the console.

No problem my boot is actually broken (the tabs that hold it on) So it slides around. It costs like over $200 just for the boot and the plastic clips from the dealer. So thats another reason I am looking into changing it. I will pull it up and take some pics to show the size of the opening. Not sure if neone knows the dimensions of the open of an automatic...If someone does could you please post it.

00ls5spd said:
here are the pics w/ some dimensions

It looks like the holes are the same size except for the 2 cut-outs on right and left of the shifter and the holes for the clips. Do the cut-outs have anything to do with shifter position in 1,2,5,R? If not, you might not even have to do any cutting to the auto console. You could also make the shifter boot mount from underneath on the auto console so it doesn't flop around.

My console opening measures roughly 6 3/4" from front to back. 4 3/4" from right to left (top of the opening). 3 1/4" right to left (bottom of the opening).
Like I said these are rough.

Thanks for the rough measurements....The cutouts have no purpose my shifting throws don't even come close, not sure why they are there.
When I find a console for a good price in the right color I will be attemting it thanks again for the help.

00ls5spd said:
Thanks for the rough measurements....The cutouts have no purpose my shifting throws don't even come close, not sure why they are there.
When I find a console for a good price in the right color I will be attemting it thanks again for the help.

So whatever happened with this? Were you able to get the automatic console to work? I just bought a 2000 LS manual and I'm looking to do the same thing. The information and pictures you've posted so far have been helpful and I'd appreciate it if you let us know how it turned out.

I would also be interested in how this turned out?
Also:
The clips on my shifter boot have also broken off.
How do you remove the shifter knob on a manual?

Thank you.

you might be able to just swap out the top peice of the console, it just snaps rght out, o and i think im on my 4th boot, i kept getting them while under waranty, It comes with a new knob, plastic clip, and boot, i never installed but i saw it before they threw it in.

5speed02 said:
you might be able to just swap out the top peice of the console, it just snaps rght out, o and i think im on my 4th boot, i kept getting them while under waranty, It comes with a new knob, plastic clip, and boot, i never installed but i saw it before they threw it in.

i never ended up doing this it got put onhold while i spent the cash on new wheels and brakes....I didn't know they would replace the boot under warranty..I'll have to check into that....

And my guess is the extra little cut outs on the side of the opening is for access to bolts, etc under the console...so you can get a socket and extension, screwdriver, etc to them. You might look and see.

If everything goes my way (ebay auction) I will be doing the swap next week sometime. I will post pics and a how to if I win the console.

hey what did they end up charging u for shipping, ive seen them sell a couple i wanted but they say 30-40 shipping and thats way to high. i need an all black one my arm rest snapped off

In my console I only have one cup holder...so anything is better than that. I didn't really buy it for the cup holders, My cupholder cover is broken and I wanted the newer looking console. As for shipping Bill, They haven't gotton back with me yet. I thought the shipping was high too, but by selling the shift knob it will offset the cost of the console.....

mhartler said:
Does anyone know if an older model armest, like and 00-01, will fit on a 04?

Thx!

No they won't fit, Lincoln changed the area around the shifter in 03'-04' I believe, and also went to the push button e-brakes as well. Just from looking at them they look to a bit wider than the 00'-02' too.

Members online

Back