CEL need some help

smitty2919

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
a while ago i scanned my car becasue it would give me a CEL only at certain times. i can make the car give me the light by launching harder than normal from a stop letting off just before hitting second gear. not WOT, about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.

i have replaced both 02's (which rattled when i took them out....seemed bad so good thing i did it)

the codes i got are:
181: Fuel System at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean(bank 1)
189: Fuel System at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean(bank 2)

anyone have this problem? also having a 95 this means im OBDI and therefore not needing emmisions testing in MA becase anything 96 and newer gets tested. so i only have saftey. i should pass right?

the CEL does not stay on, at part throttle it will come on for 10-15 sec then go off. the car does not appear to run badly at all also.

thanks guys i need to get it inspected this week so i need some adivce to look into

Dean

well i look further into it and i can hear a hissing coming from what it seems to be the intake manifold near the runners. when you punch it slightly u can hear it more. and can hear it a little from inside the car driving. would this be the casue of the codes?

i would make a guess that the extra air coming in thru the leak would make the comp rich out the system reaching the adaptive rich limit and once the limit reached, would still come out lean?

Members online

No members online now.
Back