cel cats?

jdouglas22

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 01 v6 ls. 157k miles. I had two codes come up p0420 and p0401. Low bank cat and egr system fault. I was thinking maybe the egr code was coming up because of the cat code problem? Or maybe the cat was bad because of the misfires I had before getting plugs and coils changed out? Or maybe the 02 sensors? Does that code let you know whether that cat driver side or pass side? I've looked around on here but couldn't really find the answers and it stinks that I have emissions test in a couple months. Also the car has almost a rich smell to the exhaust. Are cats easy to change I seen auto zone had the walker brand for about 100 apiece. I seen someone was saying about bolts or nuts and its hard loosening the top one so I take that it is a plug and play type? Do I need to change both? I had changed the egr and dpfe and when I take the pipe off the egr it has flow. Any helpful comments would be nice.

P0402 is for bank 1 (the passenger side).
If you have factory cats, that doesn't help you because it is an assembly with both having to be changed at the same time.

I wouldn't expect a cat issue to cause low EGR flow.

Members online

Back