cd player

Norm

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 95 conti did not have factory CD player installed when I got it.Recently picked up a factory CD player(6-pac) and radio with CD controls. It says in the owners manual that the CD unit can either be a console mount or trunk mount unit.I can see no place for it to go in the console and am assuming it is a trunk mount unit(It's quite big) Does anyone have a pic or diagram about proper location of this unit? Any help would be appeciated. Thanks!:confused:

I know in the 98 + models, depending on if you have a 5 passenger or 6, the CD changer either goes in the center armrest (5 passenger) or sideways in the mini console under the dash between the passenger and driver.

Mini Console.jpg

Full Console.jpg

the factory cd changer in my 97 was in the armest the car was a 5 seater, if you have a six seater then it'll go in a little compartment such as the one displayed in the diagram that J displayed. :D check my photogallery for pics of it in the armrest

mine is a five passenger so it must go in the armrest.Do you know if wiring harness is there?Some car manufacturers have all necessary plug ins whether there're equipped with accessories or not.

the numbres in your diagram are self explanatory all but number 2. Can you tell me what that is or if there ie somewhere I could go to view detailed diagrams. Thanks very much guys for the info!!!

I think the #s are the order in which to remove things.
First pic
#1 Remove some clips (or screws or something)
#2 Remove mini console

second pic
#1 Remove screws
#2 Unplug Changer?
#3 Remove changer

mine is a five passenger so it must go in the armrest.Do you know if wiring harness is there?Some car manufacturers have all necessary plug ins whether there're equipped with accessories or not.

you have to buy it from the dealer,and they are getting harder to find.you also need a different console inner box to use the player.it has a cutout the player sits in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back