CD Jamming

jarrett88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the 02 Lincoln LS Premium w/ the alpine stereo 6disc system and apparently the idiot mechanic i just took my car to jammed it up, anyone had and issue with it jamming, and what did you do to fix it

Pull out the fuse and put it back in. Sometimes works.

Replace with aftermarket. I had this happen to mine 3 times dealer fixed as part of my ESP the first time (along with other stuff) next 2 times wasn't worth the $100 deductible so I bought an aftermarket one and it hasen't bothered me since :D

Damnit man, perfectly good monitor ruined by water spray. Bastard, making me laugh that hard.

the sad part is it works and I did it plenty of times until I decided to put a new radio in, not sure why I waited so long, I have had the radio since I got the car 3-4 years ago

Luckily, the radio broke and the extended warranty got me a 2012 model of the radio

I've had my '02 since new. After four or five years I began to have trouble with disks jamming. I went to 'CarTunes' to buy a new deck and instead it was suggested that I have the deck 'tuned-up'. As I remember, it cost about $50 or so and I've had no trouble since. I have about 148K miles on the car at present.

When it jams (disc sticks part-way out) lift up the door and use another disk to help align the stuck one. It works just fine, but is a pia.

KS

It's the coils. Replace with the Visteons and the CD will release.

Members online

No members online now.
Back