catch code information

mmtphoto

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 96 and have 3 SPARE ecu's (long story), two of them have the same catch codes (WWX2) and the other is EBP0-is there any advantage with regards to tune that one has over the other?

I have a sniper tuner that is *supposed* to control the radiator fan (it does not), in spite of sniper's insistence that it should. The Code on the computer that the car came with (still in the car) is SQF0, the fan goes on at 200 degrees, off at 212, unless the AC is running-should it make a difference if I slapped one of the others in? Any information is appreciated.

i have a 96 and have 3 SPARE ecu's (long story), two of them have the same catch codes (WWX2) and the other is EBP0-is there any advantage with regards to tune that one has over the other?

I have a sniper tuner that is *supposed* to control the radiator fan (it does not), in spite of sniper's insistence that it should. The Code on the computer that the car came with (still in the car) is SQF0, the fan goes on at 200 degrees, off at 212, unless the AC is running-should it make a difference if I slapped one of the others in? Any information is appreciated.

WWX2 has a commanded high speed fan at 210,
EBP2 has the same.
EBP0 has been superceded by EBP2.

I know you dont want to hear this, but you should ditch that entry level tuning solution and get something a little more robust.

For the beginner in tuning the sniper stuff is ok, but as you see.. it doesnt take long to outgrow it, and it's limitations.

WWX2 has a commanded high speed fan at 210,
EBP2 has the same.
EBP0 has been superceded by EBP2.

I know you dont want to hear this, but you should ditch that entry level tuning solution and get something a little more robust.

For the beginner in tuning the sniper stuff is ok, but as you see.. it doesnt take long to outgrow it, and it's limitations.

thanks for that info, I am not real thrilled with the Sniper tuner-lots of stuff it says it does, it does not do...and if you call about it, or email asking questions, you don't really get any answers at all-either excuses, or they seem puzzled as to why it does not work. I was especially interested in being able to turn on the low speed fan as low as 165 degrees and high speed as low as 185-it is not happening...I really think,, other than the shifts being more 'firm' there is little difference in how it runs. I figured that since I had all these 'extra' ECU's one might actually work as advertised (the sniper people thought it was worth a shot) , and I still will probably waste a 'bullet' to see if there is any difference. The car runs great with or without the 'tuner' installed, it does definitely SHIFT better when pushed if the tuner is installed...and I have read about others who complain that the rev limiter or speed limiter cannot be altered-all things considered, I would have liked spending the $300 on something else...
-
Do you have any information about Catchcode 'SQF0', that's the one that the car came with-any information is appreciated, thanks again.

Do you have any information about Catchcode SQF0, that's the one that the car came with-any information is appreciated, thanks again..

cooling fan setting is the same in SQF0 as it is in my dza1 eec 4 first gen mark...and in my 98 second gen.

pretty much that info IS gonna be the same acrossed the platform.

in the SCT software there isn't low speed and high speed fan settings.
Looks like you can only control what temp the "high speed" comes on.

Just FYI

Typically you want your fan temp to be about 10-15 degree's above the rating of the thermostat.

you dont want a 165 fan temp on a 160 thermostat, the fan will run all the time and will die a fiery death in a short time.

On my 95, I had a 160 thermostat.

going down the road the car would run about 172 degree's, I set the fan to come on at 180 and IMHO that was "very agressive" and accepted that I might kill the fan.

I would suggest no less than 185 fan turn on temp for a street/daily driven tune.

Members online

Back