Catalytic convertor..

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
2003 lincoln ls v8.
Took the ls to my brothers shop and it seems like my cat is out :mad:

i wanted to check if maybe someone got one for cheap? and if they could give me a website?

any guidance would be great.

thank you!

I bought universal ones off of eBay.. They work excellent and flow better than the stocks.. I believe I paid 90 for both shipped..

i was talking to my brother and he deff didn't want me putting on universal cats.. im not sure why i didn't ask but he insisted i didnt!

how long have you had yours on?

Why not universal? I hope you aren't looking for nw oem cats, way way way too expensive

i was talking to my brother and he deff didn't want me putting on universal cats.. im not sure why i didn't ask but he insisted i didnt!

how long have you had yours on?

They do take a lot of work to place.. But any good muffler shop can do it.. I have had mine on for almost a year.. And by no means am I easy on it.. :cool:

I didn't buy MagnaFlows.. You could but I got something close to this.. Not those ones.. I'll keep searching and see if I can find the ones I bought.. I think the longest you can go is 13 IIRC..

Why not universal? I hope you aren't looking for nw oem cats, way way way too expensive

True True True.. :D

I would never go to OEM after having such good luck with mine..

Hey, maybe that why your bassani's are loud enough with resonators, cause you have hi-flow cats

Maybe.. I could def feel more power but I can't say it was because of them. I was coming from an open exhaust. I gained some MPGs but again, cats were failing in the first place so I can't say for sure..

I didn't buy MagnaFlows.. You could but I got something close to this.. Not those ones.. I'll keep searching and see if I can find the ones I bought.. I think the longest you can go is 13 IIRC..

I'd definitely appreciate it if you found it. I'm low on cash, and may need to change the cats soon. Been driving with a bad coil for about a week because this is my only car. Gonna hopefully get my ebay coils in the mail tomorrow and have the body shop put them in and then I'll have to ask them to get under the intake manifold again on another day when I can afford to have spark plugs replaced. So many problems with a car I bought on Labor Day with a damn AUL Estate warranty that won't even cover the ignition coils. Truly f-ing ridiculous world we live in!

The only thing the shop will have to add is add a 45 on each one and they can reuse the stock flanges..

I guess I could have told you what I paid.. I paid 150 for them to weld and hang the full exhaust.. As in full exhaust, I took it all down and gave it to them (long story short they needed the car so I brought that to them) they welded in the cats, res, and mufflers.. Also put my tips on.. ;)

The only thing the shop will have to add is add a 45 on each one and they can reuse the stock flanges..

I guess I could have told you what I paid.. I paid 150 for them to weld and hang the full exhaust.. As in full exhaust, I took it all down and gave it to them (long story short they needed the car so I brought that to them) they welded in the cats, res, and mufflers.. Also put my tips on.. ;)

Sounds like a good deal. I want to get around to actually modding the exhaust, but every penny I make goes to the ignition coils. Need a new job...

I am assuming they are good.. Like I said though, you would have to make sure it was smaller than a certain length.. The round ones I got at it's thickest point was around 2.75-3.00 inches

Hey FAST did you happen so see how they welded the bungs in for the o2 sensors? I bought some universal magnaflows with the bungs pre installed but they are too wide so I'm looking to get something similar to what you ordered but I want to make sure they can make it work with the o2s.

anyone know were i could find a catalytic converter for both right and left side for a 2003 lincoln ls V6 search but no luck

anyone know were i could find a catalytic converter for both right and left side for a 2003 lincoln ls V6 search but no luck

I do believe they are the same piping from the headers back but I could be wrong. However, even if it is a bit different I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have a generic one welded in.

They pretty much cut the old ones out and put the new ones in.. O2s are in the stock location.. they should work for the 6 or 8..

Since nobody else said it, there's an 8/80 Federal emissions warranty on the cats. If your car's in-service date was less than 8 years ago and you have fewer than 80,000 miles on the clock, Ford will replace the cats at no cost to you. Most '03s should still be under the time limit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back