Catalytic Converter

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So as i stated maybe a month ago, one of my cats went out. I have a gen2
v8. i am looking to get another cat, hopefully as cheap as possible, i've considered these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Thun...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5631f38710

and

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1516108

Well here is the question.. on the gen2 stock cat, the o2 sensors rest on the cat, one on the upper part and one downstream, but still on the cat.
As i look at the cats above i dont see any o2 holes!! how do i resolve this problem in order to install any of the 2 cats above.. what is there to be done in order to make them work?

so a hole will have to be drilled into the new cat.. hmmm that doesnt sound too good.

makes sense.. do they not sell anything cheap oem like with the holes and such already there?

oh and the exhaust shop i visited said they could fabricate the x-pipe for me, should i let them or should i buy my own anyways :/ they have a very good rep here in houston

Depends how much they are going to charge.. You can get a good Magnaflow X pipe on eBay for around 60 and those are damn good..

the one i want is 84.79 shipped.. magnaflow..but they want to charge me 200 for replacing both cats, upgrade to 2.5" pipes, resonator delete, fabricate x-pipe,weld mufflers,and weld on the tips.

Sounds like a good deal. Be lucky you're not in cali where the cheapest cat you can get is 200 installed per side, that I have found.

ha! yeah, i just thought they would have cats that came with the right holes and all. I guess on the other hand i get to keep my old cats that i can prob sell for like 80 each so im not worried..

lol :( thats really low, the most ive ever got was 180 for a set coming off a lexus gs 300

There's a place not too far from me that is known to give 400 per cat. I think my car may be a little louder in a little bit... I could use $800. :D

I would have drove that far to get that kind of price!!! Maybe my neighbors vehicles will start getting louder.. I gotta pay for that SC somehow.. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back