Catalytic converter has finally clogged

Diplomat 1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So it finally happened my 03 LS V8 has clogged cats. When I drive it and press the gas pedal the Rpms go up like it's supposed to move but the car went no where. So I took the front oxygen sensors out on each side and went for another test drive and it drove normal. The question is which catalytic converters do you guys reccomend? I seen alot on ebay but don't want to buy won't hat won't fit. I also am trying not to buy an oem as that would be a lot of Money. So what do you guys recommend? I've seen maganaflow and seen no name brand ones for good price. Thanks

So it finally happened my 03 LS V8 has clogged cats. When I drive it and press the gas pedal the Rpms go up like it's supposed to move but the car went no where. So I took the front oxygen sensors out on each side and went for another test drive and it drove normal. The question is which catalytic converters do you guys reccomend? I seen alot on ebay but don't want to buy won't hat won't fit. I also am trying not to buy an oem as that would be a lot of Money. So what do you guys recommend? I've seen maganaflow and seen no name brand ones for good price. Thanks
I would recommend going into a independent shop or Midas and tell them you want some decent cats that won't put you in the poor house

314H4MVHxIL._AC_US160_.jpg

$36.00 for this magnaflow on Amazon Warehouse Deals
MagnaFlow 99004HM Universal Catalytic Converter (Non CARB Compliant)
by MagnaFlow Exhaust Products
$36.77(4 used offers)

Thanks for the responses but what about the o2 sensors? Where would they mount up to? I'm in ny and my engine light can't be on for me to pass inspection

Thanks for the responses but what about the o2 sensors? Where would they mount up to? I'm in ny and my engine light can't be on for me to pass inspection
I saw you’re from the Long Island and wasn’t sure what New York’s regulations were so yes you will have to go with OEM or the equivalent due to O2 sensors

Members online

No members online now.
Back